Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-09-2007, 07:51 AM   #1
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
does mobipocket feed reader suck?

I have a cybook and I've been playing around with the mobipocket rss to ebook function
(called ebook news or something like that?)

Is it me, or does it suck really bad?

I enter the RSS feeds, and most of the time it won't grab a series of articles, or if it does, you have to manually choose each article.

I've only gotten two of the rss feeds to get to my cybook; the rest of them are practically impossible to get more than a single article.

Oddly when I hit preview on the desktop reader for these RSS ebooks, the actual web pages appear (as if it were a web browser) making it impossible to know if the ebook is actually being made.

When I try the update and sync, nothing seems to change.

Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong? Or does mobipocket reader just suck?

Does anyone know if Web2book or other rss conversion programs are adequate substitutes on mobipocket?

Most of all I want the ability to have one button auto update and sync on cybook.

Anyone have ideas or workarounds?

Last edited by rjnagle; 12-09-2007 at 01:36 PM.
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote