Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #31
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Thank you to both AndyM and DaleDe. For what I need, I'm finding Ebook Tidy does a smash-up job - and I don't have to learn regular expression programming!

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym View Post
You might find it worth getting a text editor (such as e-texteditor that supports regular expressions. These allow you to do very clever search and replace operations - eg select all returns that follow a letter rather than a punctuation mark and delete them (or replace with a space). There's a bit of a learning curve but they offer a very flexible way of dealing with problem texts.

Have a look at the tutorial here.
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:04 PM   #32
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I've got a *bunch* of .txt files which have - for some silly reason - *SHORT* lines, maybe 40-45 characters before hitting a hard line-break. Is there a simple executable or a Word 2002 script which will take out all the excess line-breaks within a paragraph. Most of these files have two line-breaks between paragraphs.

I have, on my system Atlantis Word Processor and Word 2002 if anyone has a script for one of those.

Derek
In the MobileaRead Wiki on the conversion page is a link to Stingo's Word Macro. I use it a lot and it turns hard returns into great text. If you already have Word then the total cost is $0.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #33
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Got a good text editor that doesn't cost & doesn't need cygwin (hate it)?
Try the AEdiX Suite. It's a very flexible editor and the search/replace has RE support. I use it for coding, but it's fine for generic text editing as well.

Last edited by jasonkchapman; 09-19-2007 at 08:02 PM. Reason: I thought actually adding the link would be nice....
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #34
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
In the MobileaRead Wiki on the conversion page is a link to Stingo's Word Macro. I use it a lot and it turns hard returns into great text. If you already have Word then the total cost is $0.
Just don't use word to create HTML files from text the results are pretty awful.
andym is offline   Reply With Quote