Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Nook battery.

I'm thinking of buying a new ereader when I travel to the States in a couple of weeks. I fairly sure I'm going to buy the NST, but I have a question.

Can the battery be changed by the user if it dies completely? I know the battery in the Kindle can't be changed by the user. I'm used to Bookeen ereaders and the batteries in those are easy to change.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
I'm thinking of buying a new ereader when I travel to the States in a couple of weeks. I fairly sure I'm going to buy the NST, but I have a question.

Can the battery be changed by the user if it dies completely? I know the battery in the Kindle can't be changed by the user. I'm used to Bookeen ereaders and the batteries in those are easy to change.
It's not meant to be replaced, but it is not hard to get to it. You need to remove 1 screw under the power button and that gives you access to the battery, which is attached to the back cover with some kind of adhesive tape. So, if you can buy a spare battery (don't know if those are available), it should be fairly easy to replace, though not as simple as on a device with removable battery.

That said, I see no reason to replace the battery unless you get a faulty unit, you won't wear it down in the lifetime of the reader.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Thanks, afv011.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote