Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2017, 04:18 PM   #1501
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
1a. "I didn't want to open that!"
Yes! +1 a thousand times

Quote:
2. Multiple filters in the book list. If I only want to see downloaded books, I can't also select unread books.
We hoarding readers would love both, when you have a long To Be Read list you go through that list looking for what you are in the mood to read. I u understand 1a is difficult, but 2 would be lovely.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:14 PM   #1502
Fpaiy
Fpaiy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one and kindle voyage
The feature swiping to adjust brightness could only go down to 1%, instead of 0% is actually good. Can it be added as a feature to have option to go down to 1% or 0%.

It is very useful when in dark place when i down all the way down to 1 % and I could still see words. If i swipe down to 0%, i could see nothing and have to turn on the home light to adjust the device light setting.
Fpaiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2017, 09:09 PM   #1503
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpaiy View Post
If i swipe down to 0%, i could see nothing and have to turn on the home light to adjust the device light setting.
Or, y'know, just swipe up...
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:12 PM   #1504
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
For the devices you and I have, that's easy as the bevel shows where the edge of the screen is. For the Aura ONE, it's isn't quite so obvious where to swipe if you can't see.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:02 AM   #1505
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Not so easy on an Aura One where there is no convenient edge to guide your finger. Been there and it's a bitch to find the edge of the screen in the dark.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2017, 12:16 PM   #1506
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Only time I've really used Kobo's web browser I was on hospital bed for a few days. I red moble read forums and a few other sites with my Kobo reader and down loaded a book. It was almost as good as my 8 inch tablet. Tablet's biggest advantage was bluetooth keyboard and color screen. I seldem use Kobo's browser but it should be the available as insurance when needed.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:19 AM   #1507
Nalle1
Nalle1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auroa H20
I got two requests:

The ability to make the default/home screen show my books instead of the bloated Kobo store. It's not really a problem for me but my mom which finds it hard to naviagate.

Automatic backlight depending on the currne time. So you can set different brightness levels for different timespans.
Nalle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:08 AM   #1508
lealla
Enthusiast
lealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Here are a couple of features I'd like to see, mainly related to the Books listing:

1a. "I didn't want to open that!" This gets me all the time. I'll be paging through the book list, the device interprets a drag as a long-press, and I've opened a book I didn't mean to open. Sure, closing it and marking it unread is easy enough - except that now it's at the top of the Recent sort and there's no way to put it back where it was.

1b. For that matter, changing a book's "read/unread" status without opening it shouldn't affect its place in the Recent sort, regardless of how it happens.
Yes Yes Yes! Yes please x 10000000000

I'm ALWAYS doing this and it stuffs up my list, because even when I make the book 'unread' instead of in-progress, it stays at the top of the list
lealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:31 PM   #1509
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by die View Post
I request the landscape orientation in kobo aura one for epub
Have Kobo ever said why they are so stingy with landscape?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:42 AM   #1510
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Already said so, but the ability to install an other reader (like koreader) from within nickel and to choose what software we want to use to open each type of file (.epub, .pdf, etc) - like it's possible with PocketBooks! - would be great.

(Well, they could also fix their pdf reader so that it's possible to change the page while keeping the original cropping, but ability to run an external reader would be way more powerful!)
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:29 PM   #1511
Frieda
Frieda began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 (RIP), Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
If only it'd go straight to 1% when I swipe up instead of up to 10% or more! Having to use the menu to set the light level so that I'm not either blinded by sudden bright light or in the dark is annoying, and swiping was working well for me with the last firmware.
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #1512
Fpaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For the devices you and I have, that's easy as the bevel shows where the edge of the screen is. For the Aura ONE, it's isn't quite so obvious where to swipe if you can't see.

Glad someone understand it.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:55 AM   #1513
Fpaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Not so easy on an Aura One where there is no convenient edge to guide your finger. Been there and it's a bitch to find the edge of the screen in the dark.

The feeling of being left finding the edge is quite bad. Especially when you have accidentally press one of the menu button and there is no way you can adjust the brigtness.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:05 AM   #1514
astroner
astroner began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Please update Geogria font support full vietnamese
you can download here
Attached Files
File Type: zip georgia.zip (1.13 MB, 169 views)
astroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:15 AM   #1515
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpaiy View Post
The feeling of being left finding the edge is quite bad. Especially when you have accidentally press one of the menu button and there is no way you can adjust the brigtness.
For me, the 1% limit was a feature, for others, it was a bug. You can't please all of the people all of the time.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo