Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-25-2016, 06:21 PM   #1
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Question Search BN.com for Books Instore?

I received a BN giftcard for christmas today. I went online to see if a local store had some of the books I am looking for so that I can plan accordingly tomorrow.
However, I can't see a way to do that anymore. They used to have a "see if store has it" button on the product page, but not anymore.

Do I have to have an account to see that info or is it really gone? It just seems like the website is trying to hinder me. I obviously can't call them tonight but it does affect what I'll be doing tomorrow, as I've got 2 in range, but they're in opposite directions and there are different other stores at each location I could visit.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 10:21 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I still see check store availability on the product page, to the right under the pricing/shipping info. I did a test search; the closest BN didn't have it, but the next two did. I was signed in, if that makes a difference.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:15 AM   #3
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Issy. It would appear that it is a "sign in" thing then. I guess I'll have to go dig out my old b&n info. Man, that stuff is years old!
Old 01-03-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I'm not signed in, and I have the option to check store availability. (Sloppy yellow highlighting added by me)

ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:28 AM   #5
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider

Yeah, I think it was limited to one book I was checking out, because others in the series did show that info. It was very odd.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:39 PM   #6
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Yeah, I think it was limited to one book I was checking out, because others in the series did show that info. It was very odd.
Out of curiosity, what was the book?

Maybe it was a book that was out of print or otherwise is not carried in the store? I dunno. All guesswork on my part.

If all else fails, you could always call the store and make the flunky at the desk search for the book before you drive in. I used to be that flunky years ago.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Maybe it was a book that was out of print or otherwise is not carried in the store? I dunno. All guesswork on my part.
I thought it might be something like that too, but they have the option to check for some Amazon published titles and not others and none of those are carried in any B&N store as a company wide policy.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:47 PM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I thought it might be something like that too, but they have the option to check for some Amazon published titles and not others and none of those are carried in any B&N store as a company wide policy.
One minute. I might be misunderstanding what you are saying. But if a book is not carried in any of their stores company wide then what exactly are they checking exactly?
Old 01-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What I'm saying is the book(s) aren't carried in any B&M store company wide just on the web, but some of them still have the option to check in-store inventory (and checking works fine it just returns not in stock for everywhere). So it's not a case of the website not showing the inventory check on such books or anything. From what I can see there seems no rhyme or reason as to which books can be checked and which ones can't (there must be something, but it's not obvious to me).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:39 PM   #10
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
What I'm saying is the book(s) aren't carried in any B&M store company wide just on the web, but some of them still have the option to check in-store inventory (and checking works fine it just returns not in stock for everywhere). So it's not a case of the website not showing the inventory check on such books or anything. From what I can see there seems no rhyme or reason as to which books can be checked and which ones can't (there must be something, but it's not obvious to me).
Gotcha! Thanks man!
Old 01-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #11
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider

This is why I need to check the "subscription" part of my dashboard. Sorry for being SO late.

The book was a manga, Oh My Goddess #36 or #37. The rest of the series had a "check if this book is in store" but I found that out only after I'd pretty much quit because of assuming that the volume I was looking for was indicative of the rest.

And I did end up calling the store. And they didn't have it. So I ordered it through the website. It made me laugh...