Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-12-2019, 04:10 PM   #46
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
is there also a patch to remove the connection notice? hate having to dismiss it each time. if I don't want to connect I will eject. thanks.
Not to my knowledge, no. But I might be wrong.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:16 PM   #47
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
Running the script on Mac doesn't work anymore (Mac OS 10.15.1). Permission denied. Does anybody know, how to solve this?
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2019, 04:19 PM   #48
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
is there also a patch to remove the connection notice? hate having to dismiss it each time. if I don't want to connect I will eject. thanks.
The connect/cancel popup? I seem to remember there is a setting in "Kobo eReader.conf" to allow connecting without that popup. I don't have my computer here so can't check it at the moment though I think a search on the Kobo forum would find it.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:24 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Yes, you can remove it, but then you won't be able to connect to the computer. So don't do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:31 PM   #50
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk-71 View Post
Running the script on Mac doesn't work anymore (Mac OS 10.15.1). Permission denied. Does anybody know, how to solve this?
Run "ls -lah . bin" and post the output (so I can see it), then run "chmod +x kobopatch.sh bin/*" and try again. Also, how did you extract the patch zip?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2019, 04:34 PM   #51
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The connect/cancel popup? I seem to remember there is a setting in "Kobo eReader.conf" to allow connecting without that popup. I don't have my computer here so can't check it at the moment though I think a search on the Kobo forum would find it.
It's AutoUsbGadget under DeveloperSettings. You can either enable it in the config file, or you can use the patch 'DeveloperSettings - AutoUsbGadget'.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:54 PM   #52
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Here is a link to the Google Fonts page for Courier Prime where you can download it.

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Co...=Courier+Prime
It works! Thank you, JSWolf and jackie_w. I redownloaded the fonts, and reinstalled them. I also noticed that I had two Kobo driver plugins enabled (the generic one and Kobo Extended), so I disabled the generic one. I know I should only do one thing at a time (my bad) but I had installed, disconnected, powered off, powered on, reloaded my test book, searched for the monospaced paragraph...so many times that I took a shortcut at one point, and I don't even care what the problem actually was, because it works now and I am satisfied with that. Thank you! (And, btw, it works with both epubs AND kepubs, so thank you also to Kobo for finally fixing the monospace font problem.)

Edited to add: I misspoke when I said it was working for kepubs too. I reloaded a book as a kepub, and when I opened it on my Kobo, it displayed monspace fonts. BUT...it turns out I had two different drivers enabled, so I had BOTH a kepub and an epub of the same book on my reader. My Kobo was opening the epub one. So, long story short, the monspace fix is only for epubs, not kepubs. Too bad. I hope Kobo fixes that.

Last edited by icallaci; 12-14-2019 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Correction
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:11 PM   #53
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk-71 View Post
Try to execute the script. When the pop-up tells that you are not allowed to do that, go to System Preferences > Security. There you can enable the execution of the sript.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:27 PM   #54
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For anyone who is interested in using the overrides section of the kobopatch.yaml instead of editing the .yaml files in the src directory, I've attached a list of the settings I created.
Code:
## You can put lines in the following section to override the enabled state of patches.
## The indentation matters! Each override should be indented by 4 spaces. Add to the 
## section below. This section can be copy and pasted into newer patch versions to
## keep your selections.
##
## Example of how it should look:
## overrides:
##   src/nickel.yaml:
##     Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes
##     Whatever the yaml is called: no
##   src/libadobe.so.yaml:
##     You get the idea: yes
overrides: 
  src/libadobe.so.yaml: 
    Remove PDF map widget shown during panning: no 
    Remove PDF page turn arrows: no 
    Keep PDF pan position: no 

src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml: 
    Both page turn buttons go next: no 
    Both page turn sides go next: no 
    Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen: no 
    Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading: no 
    Allow USB storage even when device locked: no 
    Hide browser from beta features: no 
    Disable all tutorial dialogs: no 
    Remove beta features not supported text: no 
    Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen: no 
    Rename new home screen footer: no 
    Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Activity: no 
    Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Articles: no 
    Set visible SmartLink: no 
    Only show Pocket SmartLink: no 
    Only show stats SmartLink: no 
    Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks: no 
    Hide top-left menu item - Dropbox: no 
    Hide top-left menu item - Pocket: no 
    Hide top-left menu item - Store: no 
    Hide top-left menu item - Recommended: no 
    Hide top-left menu item - Wishlist: no 
    Hide top-left menu item - Activity: no 
# PATCH GROUP - DON'T ENABLE MORE THAN 1 
    Increase TOC level indentation: no 
    Increase TOC level indentation and fix extra indentation bug: no 
# END GROUP 
    Allow showing info panel on random screensaver: no 
    Larger Sleep/Power-off timeouts: no 
    Allow rotation on all devices: no 
    Don't uppercase header/footer text: no 
    Don't uppercase header/footer text and change page number text: no 
    Swap reading header/footer: no 
    Enable advanced settings for all fonts: no 
    Customize ComfortLight settings: no 
    Remove title from reading header/footer: no 
    FeatureSettings - BookSpecificStats: no 
    FeatureSettings - ShowFacebookShare: no 
    FeatureSettings - FullScreenBrowser: no 
    FeatureSettings - MyWords: no 
    FeatureSettings - ExportHighlights: no 
    DeveloperSettings - AutoUsbGadget: no 
    PowerSettings - UnlockEnabled: no 
# PATCH GROUP - DON'T ENABLE MORE THAN 1 
    My 10 line spacing values: no 
    My 24 line spacing values: no 
# END GROUP 
    Custom left & right margins: no 
    Custom font sizes: no 
    ePub fixed top/bottom margins: no 
    ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom: no 
    Custom kepub default margins: no 
    Block WiFi firmware upgrade: no 
    Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts: no 
    Set KePub hyphenation: no 
    Force user line spacing in KePubs: no 
    Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2): no 
    Un-force font-family override p tags (std epubs): no 
    Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2): no 
    ePub constant font sharpness: no 
    KePub constant font sharpness: no 
    Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs: no 
    Un-Force user font-family in KePubs: no 
    Un-force link decoration in KePubs: no 
    KePub stylesheet additions: no 
    Change dicthtml strings to micthtml: no 
    Allow searches on Extra dictionaries: no 
    Ignore .otf fonts: no 
    ePub uniform font scale: no 
    Set font scale factor: no 
    Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height: no 
    Custom header/footer page number text: no 
    Custom navigation menu page number text: no 
    Shorten dictionary entry not found message: no 
    Change Wikipedia search language: no 
    Cyrillic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no 
    Greek Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no 
    Don't grab exclusive access to event0: no 

src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml: 
    Disable orphans/widows avoidance: no 
    Default ePub serif font (Amasis): no 
    Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans): no 
    Default ePub symbol font (Symbol): no 
    Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): no 
    Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): no 
    Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt): no 
    Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets: no 
    Ignore ePub TOC navpoints: no 

src/nickel.yaml: 
    Show all games: no 
    Remove forgot pin button from lock screen: no 
    Change pop-up footnote font-family: no 
    Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart: no 
    Reduce top/bottom page spacer: no 
    Custom synopsis details line spacing: no 
    Custom synopsis font size: no 
    Increase home screen cover size: no 
    Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area: no 
    Increase Book Details synopsis area: no 
    Increase library cover size: no 
    Custom collection/author header title font: no 
    Reduce new header/footer height: no 
    Custom new header/footer font: no 
    Custom page navigation scrubber: no 
    Increase headlines font: no 
    New home screen subtitle custom font: no 
    Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen: no 
    Remove footer (row3) on new home screen: no 

src/sickel.yaml: 
    sickel reboot timeout (20 sec): no 
    sickel reboot timeout (30 sec): no
If you aren't using the sickel patch, those three lines should be removed or comment out.

I've also attached the overrides as a .txt file just in case the spacing in the lines above gets mangled.

Edit: all the options for the overrides are set to no, set the ones you use to yes.
Attached Files
File Type: txt overrides.txt (5.5 KB, 287 views)

Last edited by DNSB; 12-12-2019 at 05:53 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
It works! Thank you, JSWolf and jackie_w. I redownloaded the fonts, and reinstalled them. I also noticed that I had two Kobo driver plugins enabled (the generic one and Kobo Extended), so I disabled the generic one. I know I should only do one thing at a time (my bad) but I had installed, disconnected, powered off, powered on, reloaded my test book, searched for the monospaced paragraph...so many times that I took a shortcut at one point, and I don't even care what the problem actually was, because it works now and I am satisfied with that. Thank you! (And, btw, it works with both epubs AND kepubs, so thank you also to Kobo for finally fixing the monospace font problem.)
I highly suggest you give ePub a try. The typesetting is much better then that of KePub. That would mean enabling the Kobo Touch driver and disabling the Kobo Touch Extended driver.

Also, I suggest you install the better English hyphenation dictionary found at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325081
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:00 PM   #56
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
It's AutoUsbGadget under DeveloperSettings. You can either enable it in the config file, or you can use the patch 'DeveloperSettings - AutoUsbGadget'.
Or you can edit the config file and add the lines:
Code:
[DeveloperSettings]
AutoUsbGadget=true
Change the "true" to "false" later if you want to turn if off for some reason.

@geek1011: Sorry, but telling someone to patch these things without telling them about the config file options feels like telling them to use a sledgehammer to put nail in the wall to hang a picture.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #57
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
I did reboot. But the only time it displays correctly is if I change the property in the epub's stylesheet from font-family: monospace to font-family: "Courier Prime", monospace. Then it displays correctly on both epub and kepub. But if I change it to anything else (I tried font-family: Courier, monospace as well as font-family: "Courier", monospace), it displays as sans-serif. I really don't want to change all my stylesheets with font-family: monospace to font-family: "Courier Prime", monospace, especially if I decide to change my default monospace font to something other than "Courier Prime." Is there any way to force font-family: monospace to use whatever monospace font is installed?
Does the sideloaded font display in the font list? And does it work if you select it? If not, then the firmware isn't seeing it properly, and won't be able to use it as the monospace font.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:03 PM   #58
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Does the sideloaded font display in the font list? And does it work if you select it? If not, then the firmware isn't seeing it properly, and won't be able to use it as the monospace font.
Too late, sorry. I'm not sure what the problem was, but after reinstalling new Courier Prime fonts (and disabling multiple Kobo driver plugins so that I now have just one enabled), everything now works correctly. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:12 PM   #59
icallaci
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I highly suggest you give ePub a try. The typesetting is much better then that of KePub. That would mean enabling the Kobo Touch driver and disabling the Kobo Touch Extended driver.

Also, I suggest you install the better English hyphenation dictionary found at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325081
Thanks, I've tried both ePubs and kePubs, and I prefer kePub. I read a lot of nonfiction with footnotes and endnotes, and I much prefer popups rather than being redirected to a different page. Also, KePubs allow me to double-tap images so that they expand to full size for better viewing (why why WHY do publishers insist on resizing images to miniscule proportions?). The improved typesetting in ePubs isn't enough to counter these two benefits. Also, I have hyphenation turned off completely because in the early days of scanned PDFs converted to ePub, I encountered a lot of random hard-coded hyphens left over from the OCR process, so I turned off hyphenation to make it easier to catch these. But thanks for the suggestions.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:22 PM   #60
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@geek1011: Sorry, but telling someone to patch these things without telling them about the config file options feels like telling them to use a sledgehammer to put nail in the wall to hang a picture.
Um, I did mention that ("It's AutoUsbGadget under DeveloperSettings. You can either enable it in the config file...") .

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching