Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-25-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Exclamation New reader "Pocketbook Inkpad 3 PRO" (IPX8)

Pocketbook Inkpad PRO for soon ?

- Over the next month, we can expect a new Inkpad 3 PRO (IPX8) reader
- In reality, this is an improved version of the current Inkpad 3.

Retail price : 279 €

- Screen? If it has the same contrast as the HD touch, the Inkpad 3 PRO will be a complete bomb!
*In my current Inkpad 3, the contrast of the file is gray as the black, against the new Pocketbook HD 3. If the version of "New Inkpad 3 PRO" will have similar features to the screen as HD3 this will make Inkpad 3 PRO a very strong competitor in the reader market..

Source : http://cod-box.net/noveau-pocketbook...-pour-bientot/

Technical specifications

GENERAL INFORMATION
Quote:
Manufacturer : Pocketbook
Model : InkPad 3 Pro (740-2)
CPU : 2 x 1 GHz
RAM : 1 GB
Baterry : 1900 mAh
Current firmware version 05/20/1010
Release date: 08. 2019
Retail price: 279 €
Availability : Coming soon
Dimensions : 19.5 x 13.7 x 0.8 cm
Mass : 215 g
Housing material : Plastic back gummed
Colour : black / gray
Screen is flush : No
waterproof Yes
position sensor : Yes
MEMORY
Quote:
Storage 16 GB (of which ~ 14.7 GB can be used)
Additional memory card? No
SCREEN technology : E-Ink Carta
Dimensions : 11.8 x 15.8 cm (area: 174.64 cm²)
Diagonal : 7.8 "(19.7 cm)
Resolutio: 1404 x 1872 px
Pixel density : 300 ppi
Lighting : Yes
Brightness sensor : No
Night Light / Smart Light Yes
Screen can be inverted : No
SERVICE
Quote:
Operation via Buttons and touch
READING SOFTWARE
eBook formats :
CBR, CBZ, CHM, DJVU, DOC, DOCX, EPUB, EPUB (DRM), FB2, HTML, MOBI, PDF, PDF (DRM), PRC, RTF, TCR, TXT

Pre-installed fonts : 8th
Own fonts installable: Yes
Change the font size: By menu, by gesture
Row height adjustable: Yes
Edge distance adjustable: Yes
Supported text alignments left justified
Hyphenation adjustable : Yes (if anchored in the eBook)
Font and spacing settings : Per book
Reading in landscape mode: Yes
Bookmark: Yes
Marks: Yes
Notes: Text notes, drawing notes
Notes export: Yes
Search in the eBook: Yes
Integrated dictionary: Dictionary and Translation Dictionary
Dictionary installable: Yes
PDF Reflow: Yes
EBOOK MANAGEMENT
Quote:
Ways to load eBooks on the device Browser, Cloud, Dropbox, built-in store, email, USB connection
How are eBooks managed? Directory structure, shelves
AUDIO SUPPORT : Can play audio files? Yes
Audio formats : MP3, ?, ?
Audio output : USB adapter, Bluetooth
Integrated speakers No
MISCELLANEOUS
Quote:
Support for sleep covers Yes
WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS Yes
Device lock possible : Yes (only settings)
Adobe ID in the device adjustable: Yes
Onlineshop preinstalled: Yes
Installed applications:
Audio Player, Browser, eBook Synctools (Dropbox, PocketBook Sync, Send-to-PocketBook), Gallery, Audiobook Player, Games (Klondike, Chess, Sudoku), Notes, RSS Messages, Scribble, Calculator, Reader, Dictionary, eBook Store
miscellaneous Protective case, automatic alignment, USB audio adapter

- I hope the release of Inkpad 3 Pro in the coming weeks Pocketbook will confirm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inkpad 3 Pro.png
Views:	6691
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	172569   Click image for larger version

Name:	InkpadPro.png
Views:	6658
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	172570  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-26-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:04 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
wait, is this a real device or just someone's fantasy?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2019, 02:16 PM   #3
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
I wish they'd make one with the buttons on the side like the Kobo Forma and Kindle Oasis. Buttons on the bottom don't really work for me. For me the Kobo's shape and feel is like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, "Ah, just right."
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:31 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
I wish they'd make one with the buttons on the side like the Kobo Forma and Kindle Oasis. Buttons on the bottom don't really work for me. For me the Kobo's shape and feel is like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, "Ah, just right."
that's what the previous Inkpad model had, actually

I loved that thing to death
Old 07-28-2019, 03:31 PM   #5
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
wait, is this a real device or just someone's fantasy?
- A real. Who do you have me for ?
- I released the article based on delivered news directly from Pocketbook.

MAIL :
Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Pocketbook products.

Yes, we confirm you that we will release a new model soon.
It will be a new InkPad Pro device model.

The earliest we expect that our users will see new InkPad Pro models in one month.

Have a nice day!
Otherwise I would not publish the article.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-29-2019 at 10:09 AM.
Advert
Old 08-03-2019, 06:56 AM   #6
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Almost great news. I would have preferred they just gave Inkpad 2 a more modern screen. The casing of Inkpad 2 was perfect. Very sad that they did not keep it up.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:56 PM   #7
kontinos
kontinos began at the beginning.

Device: none
Already available. Hopefully we get a review soon comparing it to the "normal" Inkpad 3.
kontinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #8
BookyHatguy
BookyHatguy began at the beginning.

No handle for comfort picking it up and wealding in palm?
Why only kindle guys are so smart to implement one? Hmm Im torn between kindle or self-made handle glued to pocketbook.

Saw kobo forma has flickering so thats a no no for me.

Is it worth waiting for this model or inkpad 3 is just as good? As a user who doesnt own one, im not familiar what features this model has that are so important for waiting?

thanks
BookyHatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:14 PM   #9
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookyHatguy View Post
No handle for comfort picking it up and wealding in palm?
Why only kindle guys are so smart to implement one? Hmm Im torn between kindle or self-made handle glued to pocketbook.

Saw kobo forma has flickering so thats a no no for me.

Is it worth waiting for this model or inkpad 3 is just as good? As a user who doesnt own one, im not familiar what features this model has that are so important for waiting?

thanks
Hi

According to my information and the answer I received, it all suggests that the PRO version has the same E-INK screen as Inkpad 3.

Changes were made only in waterproof, adding bluetooth etc. The E-INK screen will probably be the same. No better contrast or something. (Unfortunately, because Touch HD 3 has excelent contrast.)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 08-05-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:48 PM   #10
pondscum
Enthusiast
pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.

It looks to me like the major change compared to the regular Inkpad 3 is that they took away the memory card slot in order to make it waterproof. Personally, I'd rather have the memory card slot.
pondscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:50 AM   #11
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Any truth to it having a side button? Neither the Pocketbook video nor the unpacking video from a german shows anything like that, and since that would be a great addition I suppose it would be shown.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:46 AM   #12
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Any truth to it having a side button? Neither the Pocketbook video nor the unpacking video from a german shows anything like that, and since that would be a great addition I suppose it would be shown.
No has side buttons.
Just the Power Button on the bottom of the reader.
* Of course, outside the 4 control buttons on the front of the reader.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:29 AM   #13
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks Michal. Too bad, it would have been very useful.

(Nate is usually on the money, but it seems he was wrong about this. https://the-digital-reader.com/2019/...-inkpad-3-pro/)
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:53 AM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
No has side buttons.
Just the Power Button on the bottom of the reader.
* Of course, outside the 4 control buttons on the front of the reader.
Notebook italia said it had one button on the side.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #15
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Notebook italia said it had one button on the side.
Where !? What is the button for?
I don't see any side buttons anywhere.
* Just the Power button on the bottom of the device.

[Inkpad 3 Pro in video] :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUnWbivI4w

PS : In my opinion, the author thought "side button" for scrolling on the screen, not on the device.
- Because that's what Pocketbook uses. It has a scrolling button, but it is a button found in the reader interface, a touch button on the screen.
* Not a physical button on the reader

Scroll button :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snímek obrazovky pořízený 2019-08-06 16-00-41.png
Views:	4657
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	172797  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 08-06-2019 at 10:04 AM.