Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2018, 04:14 PM   #16
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Note for users of patches Custom menubar - reduce height by 33%/50%'

As you will have seen, firmware 4.11.11911 now allows you to switch on/off the header and/or footer. Whatever you set works the same for both epub and kepub.

This means that the above 2 patches can be disabled by those who intend to permanently uncheck the option 'Show title' in Reading settings.

The only users who may still benefit from either of these patches are those who do like to see the book title as a header but think the default height is too big.

I'll also just mention in passing, if you do turn off 'Show title', users of the option 'swipe left edge to adjust brightness' will no longer see the 'Brightness: nn%' value changing in real-time in the header as you swipe.

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-29-2018 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Removed ETA, I think I got it right the first time.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:50 AM   #17
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Progresive 4.11.11911

Basically tshering's BAD EYES revisited, which enlarged the font-size in GUI, with a simplify home screen ("Only Reading and My Books") and the addition of other patches (games, some fixes, cover increase...). It is documented (somehow).
KA1 optimised. If you own a different device, you must change the values as needed.
Although H is optimised for ClaraHD and GloHD works pretty well on AuraHD and H2O.
Note: libnickel part is deprecated.
Warning: You never should use it if you read in Turkish or Japanese.
Use at your own risk, I can't guarantee that it does not cause any issue.
Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nickel-PROGRESIVE_KA1_4.11.11911.yaml.zip (52.7 KB, 271 views)
File Type: zip nickel-PROGRESIVE_H_4.11.11911.yaml.zip (52.2 KB, 261 views)

Last edited by jcn363; 10-27-2018 at 05:55 PM. Reason: add H
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2018, 10:04 AM   #18
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
This is optimised for A1, if you own a different device, you must change the values as needed.
Note: libnickel part is deprecated.
Warning: You never should use it if you read in turkish or japanese.
Use at your own risk, I can't guarantee that it does not cause any issue.
Good luck.
What does this attempt to do?
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 03:56 PM   #19
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
What does this attempt to do?
Basically tshering's BAD EYES revisited with a simplify home screen ("Only Reading and My Books") and the addition of other patches (games, some fixes, cover increase...). It is documented (somehow).
Good luck.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:59 PM   #20
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Basically tshering's BAD EYES revisited with a simplify home screen ("Only Reading and My Books") and the addition of other patches (games, some fixes, cover increase...). It is documented (somehow).
Good luck.
Ah, there is a (I think new) setting in 4.11.11911 for 'large print' which increases the font size quite noticeably outside of books. I disabled it before looking too deeply because I didn't need it.

Good to know this is there for the folks who need it though.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2018, 05:58 PM   #21
jcn363
absolute beginner

Progresive H added.
Good luck.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:43 AM   #22
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Thanks a lot for the new patch PROGRESSIVE-H, @jcn363 . It works great on my H2O 2nd Edition.
With this new firmware, however, the upper and lower distances between text and margin increase (I permanently fade out the title and footer). Do you know how I can reduce this space?
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 05:50 AM   #23
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina Schein View Post
Thanks a lot for the new patch PROGRESSIVE-H, @jcn363 . It works great on my H2O 2nd Edition.
With this new firmware, however, the upper and lower distances between text and margin increase (I permanently fade out the title and footer). Do you know how I can reduce this space?
Can you put a screenshot? please.
Good luck.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:26 AM   #24
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Can you put a screenshot? please.
Good luck.
Enclosed the desired screenshot. As you can see, the distances above and below are quite large. With the firmware versions before, they were about 2 mm.
In the file Kobo eReader.conf I entered this under the section [Reading]:
fullScreenReading=true
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Abstand-oben-und-unten.png
Views:	214
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	167260  
Old 10-28-2018, 06:31 AM   #25
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Enclosed the desired screenshot. As you can see, the distances above and below are quite large. With the firmware versions before, they were about 2 mm.
fullScreenReading=true

With this firmware this parameter has no sense because is included (I think).
I'll try before because I think there can be a collateral issues.
Good luck.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:34 AM   #26
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan

Thanks a lot, @jcn363 .
Old 10-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #27
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
fullScreenReading=true
This is the cleanest I can figure it right now.

FOOTER
Select show footer into settings.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO CHANGE THE LENGTH OF THE REPLACEMENT STRING.
You can increase red color text.
Spoiler:
Code:
  - FindReplaceString:
      Find:    "ReadingFooter {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 105;\n}\n\
                ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 170;\n}\n\
                ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 221;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 19px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 23px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsNova=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 37px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_localeName=\"ja_JP\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifJP, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}"
      Replace: "ReadingFooter{ qproperty-footerMargin: 00; min-height: 40px; max-height: 40px; }\n\
                ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] { min-height: 00px; max-height: 00px; }\n\
                ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] { min-height: 60px; max-height: 60px; }\n\
                #caption{ font-size: 16px; margin-top: -08px; }\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] { font-size: 20px; }\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] { font-size: 26px; }\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true], #caption[qApp_deviceIsNova=true] { font-size: 30px; }\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] { font-size: 32px; }\n\
                #caption[qApp_localeName=\"ja_JP\"] { font-family: Sans-SerifJP, sans-serif; font-style: normal; }   "

HEADER
If you have activated
Code:
  src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml:
    Custom kepub default margins: yes
you can reduce
Spoiler:
Code:
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "#StatusBarView[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  max-height: 71px;\n  min-height: 71px;\n}\n\
                #StatusBarView[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  max-height: 91px;\n  min-height: 91px;\n}\n\
                #StatusBarView[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  max-height: 121px;\n  min-height: 121px;\n}\n\
                #StatusBarView[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  max-height: 157px;\n  min-height: 157px;\n}"
      Replace: "#StatusBarView{max-height:60px;min-height:60px;}"

perhaps to

- ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "#StatusBarView[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  max-height: 71px;\n  min-height: 71px;\n}\n\
                #StatusBarView[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  max-height: 91px;\n  min-height: 91px;\n}\n\
                #StatusBarView[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  max-height: 121px;\n  min-height: 121px;\n}\n\
                #StatusBarView[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  max-height: 157px;\n  min-height: 157px;\n}"
      Replace: "#StatusBarView{max-height:35px;min-height:35px;}"

Beware because it's the menu bar size too.
Good luck.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #28
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
This is the cleanest I can figure it right now.
That looks good so far. Do you think it would be a good idea to add a check to kobopatch to warn if a ReplaceString length differs for a string which looks like CSS?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #29
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
That looks good so far. Do you think it would be a good idea to add a check to kobopatch to warn if a ReplaceString length differs for a string which looks like CSS?
Absolutely.
If it is less than the original, match (fill with zeros)
If it is greater than the original, notify

Good luck.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:20 AM   #30
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Absolutely.
I will probably detect CSS by counting the number of braces and semicolons, then if the length is too short, then warn the user (I won't do more than that, as I don't want to stop the user if the user knows what they are doing, and I don't want to fix the issue automatically as I don't want people relying on the behavior).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches