Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
G_net
G_net began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Need Help

Hi,
I recently downloaded calibre to use with my ipod touch. It worked fine the first time I tried it, it sent the Calibre Quick Guide and an ebook. Since then every time I click send to device it says, "cannot send; no device is connected". I don't know what to do, calibre shows up in my Stanza.

Also, I’m not very knowledgeable about computers so any help needs to be basic, step by step. I'm using a mac OS X 10.6.3, an ipod touch and Stanza.

Thanks!
G_net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
First thing to understand is that Send to device cannot be used for sending books to your ipod. Instead you have to do it wirelessly, without conencting the ipod to the computer.

Read the section on iPod/iTouch here http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...-iphone-itouch

and if you have more questions, feel free to ask.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
G_net

It’s not connected to the computer, I am doing it wirelessly. I’ve read and followed that section a dozen times.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What exactly is the problem?
Old 05-29-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
G_net

I think I’ve figured it out. It was the “send to device” button that was confusing me. I don’t need to use that one, right?
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No you don't. Ignore that
Old 05-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
G_net

Smile

Thanks