Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-21-2017, 03:27 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Voiceview File for Oasis 2

Has anyone installed the Voiceview file for the Oasis 2 (9th gen)?

I have downloaded the files from both Amazon.com and .co.uk and both files display an Invalid File message as soon as I disconnect my Kindle from the PC. The Paperwhite File is fine, just not the oasis 2 and at a bit of a loss as to why i can’t install the file on my Oasis.

I rang Kindle Support and they just say that the .co.uk download should work (as my Kindle is a UK registered). But it doesn’t.

This is the error message I get.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5BEF5E62-CD02-4067-B108-206CC22C9761.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	717.2 KB
ID:	160845  

Last edited by Josieb1; 12-21-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:36 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Did the Kindle Support contact ask you to confirm your firmware number? Did you let the Oasis update when you got it?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2017, 10:56 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Did the Kindle Support contact ask you to confirm your firmware number? Did you let the Oasis update when you got it?
No not yet. I’m going to ring them back later this morning.

The Oasis is on the latest firmware I updated manually before I tried to install the voice file.

The Oasis won’t update with the voice file, the error message is displayed immediately after I detach the usb after loading the voice file.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:16 AM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I’m getting the run around with this. I was told I was getting the error message as the voice file is already installed, as per the operating system, but it’s not, i’ve Just tried and the Kindle told me (through the BT speaker) that no voice files exist on the device

So I don’t have one, and can’t install one.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:04 AM   #5
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
What version are you on? Mine arrived with 5.9.0.6 and it included the full Voiceview setup (just a bunch of hoopla to connect the BT headset). Audible isn’t on this one though.

Let me know if you want me to try to copy/check the files for you.
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2017, 03:18 AM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
What version are you on? Mine arrived with 5.9.0.6 and it included the full Voiceview setup (just a bunch of hoopla to connect the BT headset). Audible isn’t on this one though.

Let me know if you want me to try to copy/check the files for you.
I’m on 5.9.2.0.1. I have no idea if my Oasis came with a voice file now as i’ve done a factory reset. I know I don’t have the voice file now.

I’ve tried installing the voice file from my Paperwhite but that produces an error message too. I also can’t install a voice file on my Voyage (which previously took the Paperwhite file). I’ve tried every file downloadable from Amazon and the two back up versions of the file taken from my Paperwhite (which I don’t have anymore)

All my devices are on the same firmware version so i’m wondering if it’s a problem unique to the firmware version.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:11 AM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I just wanted to thank June for helping me via Pm. I'm all sorted now
Old 12-27-2017, 10:33 AM   #8
gal_amy
Connoisseur
gal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, Kindle HDX, iPhone6, iPhone7, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
What version are you on? Mine arrived with 5.9.0.6 and it included the full Voiceview setup (just a bunch of hoopla to connect the BT headset). you.

I am having a horrible time connecting to blue tooth. I just bought a nice headset a couple of weeks ago with Amazon’s lighting deals. It connects great with my iPad and my iPhone. Won’t connect to the Oasis 2.

It has a power off and power on. I can continually hold the power button down and it still doesn’t connect.

I have restarted the Oasis, I have restarted the head phones. Nothing.

Would like your input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
gal_amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gal_amy View Post
I am having a horrible time connecting to blue tooth. I just bought a nice headset a couple of weeks ago with Amazon’s lighting deals. It connects great with my iPad and my iPhone. Won’t connect to the Oasis 2.

It has a power off and power on. I can continually hold the power button down and it still doesn’t connect.

I have restarted the Oasis, I have restarted the head phones. Nothing.

Would like your input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I have no trouble connecting to Bluetooth but you have to pair from the WiFi settings page each time.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #10
gal_amy
Connoisseur
gal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, Kindle HDX, iPhone6, iPhone7, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have no trouble connecting to Bluetooth but you have to pair from the WiFi settings page each time.
Thanks
gal_amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:19 PM   #11
P122ed Off
P122ed Off began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis
WTF!!!

Thanks for sharing the solution NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smac k::smack :
P122ed Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:14 AM   #12
BadWolfe
Book Addict
BadWolfe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Exclamation Voiceview voice file missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I just wanted to thank June for helping me via Pm. I'm all sorted now
Please help me June! I have the exact same problem!

Getting the run around from Amazon they even replaced my Kindle but still no luck.

Stella
BadWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote