Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-21-2016, 02:17 AM   #1
noap_
noap_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Auto refresh time in status bar

Hi,

I've implemented all the changes in the readerfooter.lua file pointed out here. After saving the file, disconnecting my Kobo and rebooting it, the time in the status bar still doesn't refresh automatically. Do I have to change another settings as well or enable the option anywhere?
noap_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:23 AM   #2
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
This is what I have in reader.footer.lua

selecting only true or false values

Code:
function ReaderFooter:init()
    self.pageno = self.view.state.page

self.settings = G_reader_settings:readSetting("footer") or {
        disabled = false,
        all_at_once = true,
        progress_bar = false,
        toc_markers = false,
        battery = true,
        time = true,
        page_progress = true,
        pages_left = false,
        percentage = false,
        book_time_to_read = false,
        chapter_time_to_read = false,
    }
also in settings.reader.lua (footer values may or may not be kept as such, I have it on Kobo but not on Kindle...)

Code:
        ["frontlight_intensity"] = 15,
	["footer"] = {
		["progress_bar"] = false,
		["disabled"] = false,
		["toc_markers"] = false,
		["battery"] = true,
		["pages_left"] = false,
		["all_at_once"] = true,
		["page_progress"] = true,
		["time"] = true,
		["percentage"] = false
	},
And at last, you can tick your customized values on the menu entry "status bar"

One of them should work

Last edited by roger64; 04-21-2016 at 02:43 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The current "Status bar" settings include "Auto refresh time". If I remember correctly, it originally caused some problems, if enabled, but its return to the menu probably means that it's been fixed.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, it's a newish feature available in current nightlies.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:41 PM   #5
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Now you speak about it and I realize I have it also - working well - in my status bar.

v2015.11-328
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2016, 02:56 PM   #6
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by noap_ View Post
Do I have to change another settings as well or enable the option anywhere?
Yes, default option is disabled, you need to enable it.

But, best way is to download latest nightly, not manually implement changes, in case you miss one or two (or changes in some files and do changes in others).

Anyway, now it should work fine (in latest versions).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote