Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #31
rusmo
rusmo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Just to tie a bow on this thread, I returned my Fire last Saturday and received a refund this past Wednesday. As I said in the OP, I'll be keeping my eye on the Fire's development as I'm a big Kindle fan. :-)
rusmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #32
theolightfoot
theolightfoot began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/Kindle Fire
I have a feeling I'm getting one for Christmas and I think it will be great. I will not be without it's bugs, but at less than 1/2 the price of an iPad it's a solid purchase. If you have an iPad, you don't need it.
An iPad is a tablet computer that's also an e-reader, but the Fire is an e-reader that attempts to be a tablet. We'll see if it succeeds. If your main objective is reading books, but want color, web and apps as a bonus, the Fire is the way to go. I write color illustrated kid's e-books so the Fire is the way to go for me.
theolightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #33
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No my brain is hard to turn off. Reading helps me alot. Before the Fire I used my phone to read on at night. Believe me usually 4 to 5 chapters and I am out like a light but how can one sleep when you hear cockle doodle doo all the time.

You see we go to bed around 3AM and get up at 1PM. So you get use to hearing some noises like car romping, vacuuming, kids running but a rooster or dogs constantly barking drives me crazy! I even heard cows last week. I feel like I am living on a farm. *sigh*
This is what I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-SleepMa.../dp/B000KUHFGM
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #34
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I hear those all the time. Our backyard neighbor gets pretty darn close when he shoots his off.

I don't even know who owns the rooster. There isn't any farms on this street. It must be the street over.
It's Tennessee for gawd's sake.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
It's Tennessee for gawd's sake.
Currently in NC for Christmas. Here we got pit bulls barking. Gotta love the city.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #36
kennyc

Quote:
Currently in NC for Christmas. Here we got pit bulls barking. Gotta love the city.
Dogs are my nemesis!

Maybe I'll get a few Fighting Roosters! That'd show 'em!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #37
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I suspect there will be a decent amount of returns since I believe a pretty good percentage were bought strictly for gifts for the holidays.

However, if it is for an average Joe/Jane that was looking into get a tablet at a good price I'm unsure what bang for the buck this doesn't offer them that it is capable of doing in the first place. Eye strain may be a bigger factor in a return than I perhaps would expect though.

I really think they will be quite happy though when it is presented to them to tell the truth.

Last edited by robertc88; 12-24-2011 at 11:42 AM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #38
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Dogs are my nemesis!

Maybe I'll get a few Fighting Roosters! That'd show 'em!
So that's what the kitty is aiming at in your avatar!?!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #39
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolightfoot View Post
I have a feeling I'm getting one for Christmas and I think it will be great. I will not be without it's bugs, but at less than 1/2 the price of an iPad it's a solid purchase. If you have an iPad, you don't need it.
An iPad is a tablet computer that's also an e-reader, but the Fire is an e-reader that attempts to be a tablet. We'll see if it succeeds. If your main objective is reading books, but want color, web and apps as a bonus, the Fire is the way to go. I write color illustrated kid's e-books so the Fire is the way to go for me.
Bah.

I have and iPad2 and a KF. I "need" both of them.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #40
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
And I "need" my SGT, KF and NT for now (the latter till I make a decision before the alloted return period) but the KF isn't going anywhere!

I would have liked an IPAD but my pant pockets aren't deep to spend that kind of money and cause it wouldn't fit in most of mine anyways!

Last edited by robertc88; 12-24-2011 at 05:40 PM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote