Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #1
flyash
Groupie
flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Recommendations for 9-10" tablet < $80, just for use as a reader

Currently use a small Kindle for books that are all text. For books with pics or where I need to zoom/move around the page, the Kindle is next to useless. So I'm looking for a very inexpensive (less than $80) (used or new) 9-10" Android tablet to serve pretty much exclusively as a reader for books that aren't easy to read on my Kindle.

I'm guessing new is out at my budget, so if you have a used Android tablet that you find works well as a reader, please let me know the model. I suppose the only spec that is really important for reading is a sufficiently high resolution (high enough that you don't see pixels or have to scroll the screen for each next paragraph). Not looking to web browse or play games, just read.
flyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #2
johnwhelan
Connoisseur
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
There are a couple of refurbished Kobo arc HD 7 inch units floating around on ebay. 1920 by 1200 screens so the display is very nice in your sort of price range.

Cheerio John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert