Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-23-2019, 04:30 PM   #16
maximus83
maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pc, android, e-ink
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardOrMayo View Post
Do be aware that the USB-C implementation on Likebook devices is not fully compliant, so using a fast charger may kill the device, which is why I only use a regular 2 amp USB power adapter with mine.
Whoa, that is a pretty bad gotcha which they conveniently neglect to mention in the marketing and retail site write-ups. I hope they detail this in the English user guide. That could really hose somebody, unwittingly, who thinks they're good to go with USB-C charging like with their other devices.
maximus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:40 AM   #17
MustardOrMayo
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas
To be honest, I haven't tried it on my own device, but rather, heard about the info from YouTube comments. Depending on the fast charger used, it may try the USB port, at least on the Mars, and I think someone else tried doing something on their Muses, which thought it was an earphone connector dongle.
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert