Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-10-2018, 03:34 AM   #76
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
My first test was very biased since it was made mainly on books I had earlier successfully imported to calibre. I have used the script on more books now and there are several more books in the uncertain folder. For some reason many mobi-files.
I guess that the shells try to extract ISBN, something that usually fails with mobi/azw... It's an educated guess, mind you, because I've not tested them, analyzed the code or whatever (I have enough problems handling the books through the GUI for increasing them with a massive import )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:57 AM   #77
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I do my imports in small batches still. And do a bulk search and replace to update metadata from the filename that was updated from the script. And add genre and possibly cover. But it seems I don't have to find ISBN manually in PDF:s any more, the OCR from the scripts seems to handle that fine.

As far as I have seen all the uncertain mobi books are correctly renamed...

I might attempt to change the script so that SKIPPED books (typically magazines/periodicals) are moved to a special SKIPPED-folder. As it is they are left in situ, possibly in sub-sub-folders...

Also add some code to delete empty folders.

Last edited by Adoby; 08-10-2018 at 04:11 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:05 AM   #78
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
I do my imports in small batches still. And do a bulk search and replace to update metadata from the filename that was updated from the script. And add genre and possibly cover. But it seems I don't have to find ISBN manually in PDF:s any more, the OCR from the scripts seems to handle that fine.
As I don't have PDF, of course, that is not a concern of mine, I use the extractISBN plugin if needed, but I understand that it's useful in that case.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 08-10-2018 at 04:09 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:57 AM   #79
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeater View Post
People can do what they want but I've been using these scripts for a year with no trouble. I do proxy though Tor using proxychains and I highly recommend using it if doing so.
This kind of thinking is why isbndb stop the free of charge usage of their api for non commercial users end of last year.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:37 AM   #80
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Still, I find the scripts very useful.
Scripting is always useful if you know what you are doing. I use them since years very heavily for some of my libraries, especially where I need to process huge amount of record batches fast and automatically.
The point is, as you mentioned too, that this will not improve availability and quality of metadata within calibre. This depends on the availability and quality from metadata providers.
I recognize over the time that quality metadata sources massively restrict the availability for free of charge public api's and if available they restrict their usage in respect of record volume.
Most of my sources for quality metadata need a account for closed circle of members.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:17 PM   #81
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
This kind of thinking is why isbndb stop the free of charge usage of their api for non commercial users end of last year.
Sure it doesn't have anything to do with greed?
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #82
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
The point is, as you mentioned too, that this will not improve availability and quality of metadata within calibre.
I'm not sure what you mean here. Would you rather import a book into calibre called

"smashwords-epub-a030871b-dc97-493b-b4e8-7ebe19777523.epub" or a book called

"John G. Voeller - Wiley Handbook of Science and Technology for Homeland Security, 4 Volume Set (2009) [9780471761303].pdf"?
Old 08-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #83
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Also add some code to delete empty folders.
Changes to organize-ebooks.sh to throttle the script and delete empty folders, making it easier to find folders with skipped files...

Code:
ok_file() {
	echo -e "${GREEN}OK${NC}:\\t${1}\\nTO:\\t${2}\\n"

echo Sleeping...
	sleep 60
	echo Awake...

rmdir -p --ignore-fail-on-non-empty "$(dirname "${1}")"
}
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:28 PM   #84
sealbeater
Banned

21708 ebooks and calibre has literally been searching for metadata for days. Days.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:31 PM   #85
sealbeater
Banned

Quote:
Changes to organize-ebooks.sh to throttle the script and delete empty folders, making it easier to find folders with skipped files...

Code:
ok_file() {
	echo -e "${GREEN}OK${NC}:\\t${1}\\nTO:\\t${2}\\n"

echo Sleeping...
	sleep 60
	echo Awake...

rmdir -p --ignore-fail-on-non-empty "$(dirname "${1}")"
}

#!/bin/sh
dupseek -b kill .
move.files.sh
remove.dirs.sh
sanity.pl -l .
mkdir cache
for I in {a..z}* ; do mv -v $I cache ; cd cache ; ebook-reader-prep.sh ; mv -v * /home/sealbeater/ebooks/need.more.sorting/ ; cd .. ; done

Just to show a different way, you can achieve the same using OS tools. insert a "sleep 60m" after the "ebook-reader-prep.sh" which is just a wrapper that puts my books in a different place before being moved to my final library.

Last edited by sealbeater; 08-11-2018 at 04:34 PM.