Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #241
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Saturday!

9PM EST!

Tune in for the second episode of Denial of Service!

This week, M.D. Schitz helps out another old friend of Gail's, whose programming biz is being hacked into.

"Since when do you listen to Abba?"

It seems Gail's friends are as insanely sexy as Gail.

"It was funky… but it put me through college." "I'm hip."

Maybe that's why Mike's protection slips up.

“What’s the matter!” “We have to get! You’re driving!” “Whu—” “Go!”

Will Mike be screwed?

"Wassup, Wonder Woman?"

Or were Freudian puns a bad idea in the first place?

"I plan to do more than nibble."

[Promotion deleted - MODERAT0R]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-24-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #242
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
My Dropbear story has foundered on the shoals of BoringCrud I think I can winch it off, but I'll need a CareFactor that's kinda... absent atm. I blame needing to work for a living

So, writing about a woman with multiple Significant Others, who attends a lot of 'business conventions' and the like. Thought it might be interesting to look at it from a viewpoint reversed from the standard 'man with 2 families' thing.

Meh. I'm feeling a bit over it all atm, to be honest.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #243
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I feel a Denial of Service story coming on...
Old 09-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #244
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I feel a Denial of Service story coming on...
W00t!

I think I'm getting Dropbear off the BoringCrud shoals. It's been a tough battle, but in a couple more instalments, it might actually get interesting.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #245
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

I think I nailed Denial of Service 3. I actually had to backtrack and do a rewrite, about halfway in... it was coming out waay too dark, and not even slightly funny. The rewrite is much more consistent with the theme, now. A bit of cleaning, a cover if I can manage it, and I'll have it up this week.
Advert
Old 09-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #246
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
W00t!

I think I'm getting Dropbear off the BoringCrud shoals. It's been a tough battle, but in a couple more instalments, it might actually get interesting.
How is that going?

Quote:
I think I nailed Denial of Service 3. I actually had to backtrack and do a rewrite, about halfway in... it was coming out waay too dark, and not even slightly funny. The rewrite is much more consistent with the theme, now. A bit of cleaning, a cover if I can manage it, and I'll have it up this week.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #247
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

[I]Denial of Service 3: The Ukrainian Connection is online now.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-24-2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Promotional link deleted - MODERAT0R
Old 09-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #248
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
A story about a boy born on a Moon colony who longs to step foot on the Earth, but if he does it will kill him. It's very sad, and I'm not sure where it came from.

Edit: It's called "The First, the Last."
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #249
nomesque

Denial of Service 3: The Ukrainian Connection online now.

YAY! You might want to edit that link to take out the post information though, as it takes ppl to the last post of the story...

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-24-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:58 PM   #250
MichaelFStewart
Where tech and story meet
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I just finished the script for a graphic novel called The Terminals - the artist has started editing. Now I'm working on its novelization - weird to work from an 80 page outline! Feel organized for a change. (This will be my first adaptation, even if it's my own work.)
MichaelFStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #251
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
A story about a boy born on a Moon colony who longs to step foot on the Earth, but if he does it will kill him. It's very sad, and I'm not sure where it came from.

Edit: It's called "The First, the Last."
Awwww....

Sounds good, if tissue-needy
Old 09-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #252
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
YAY! You might want to edit that link to take out the post information though, as it takes ppl to the last post of the story...
Fixed that for me! Thanks!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #253
nomesque

Quote:
Fixed that for me! Thanks!
No worries, m'lovely
Old 10-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #254
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFStewart View Post
I just finished the script for a graphic novel called The Terminals - the artist has started editing. Now I'm working on its novelization - weird to work from an 80 page outline! Feel organized for a change. (This will be my first adaptation, even if it's my own work.)
Isn't there a saying that says...."There is a first time for everything."?

Have fun!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #255
MichaelFStewart
Where tech and story meet
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks, Dreams! Yah, I'm about 10K words into it now. It'll come.
MichaelFStewart is offline   Reply With Quote