Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #16
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
My last post in this now derailed thread:

Quote:
In the instance of MacDefender, the malware requires user action and does not exploit a vulnerability in the Mac OS. In addition, Macs have built-in antivirus, although that does not appear to be protecting against MacDefender, he added.

"There are about 10 pieces of malware that have been written for the Mac, while Microsoft says that one in 14 downloads (on PCs) is malicious," he said. "So, it's big news because it's rare."
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20...#ixzz1MvQr1Wi4
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #17
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
Oh, and nice job of saying "no, look over there!" in a thread about Androids security problems.

difference is rock and the whole point is Google acknowlegdge and fixed. and besided it wasn't an Android specific flaw, now was it.

Apple's response " I can't hear you I can't hear you I can't hear"
"It does not exist, It does not exist"
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #18
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
MacDefender doesn't infect Macs with a virus, nor does it run a keylogger as a background process on your machine. It's simply trying to scare users into providing credit card information by registering an unneeded piece of software.
http://www.tuaw.com/2011/05/19/macde...removal-guide/
Old 05-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #19
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
My last post in this now derailed thread:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20...#ixzz1MvQr1Wi4
Quote:
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #20
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post

I was about to tell him we should move to pm's.

But:

Quote:
Yes. It’s true. For the first time, Mac users have a significant malware problem. But, hey, it could be worse. You could be running Windows.

Quote:
Window PCs has far, far more malware trouble than Macs, and I can’t resist mentioning that after in twenty-years of Linux, we’ve not seen a real-world example of Linux malware–not counting the Android malware mess.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking...s-malware/1079

Last edited by RockdaMan; 05-20-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Advert
Old 05-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #21
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:

I was about to tell him we should move to pm's.

But:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking...s-malware/1079

and this will be my last on this topic as well, but as almost all have noted, start to expect to see more attacks in the near future.

Windows is on almost 85% or more computers. So if you were going to develop any malware or virus, are you going to go after the bulk of the population or just a small bit like mac users.

Now that mac has been rising in popularity they are now going to be an attractive target.

Don't let the Job's distortion reality field of "We will never become affected" cloud your decision making skills.

because yes mac's can and will be attacked as well.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #22
RockdaMan
Banned

Thank you for the PSA, Boswd.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #23
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Mac and Windows has a place in our sociality as now with Android breaking in. Privacy laws should be on the tablet we should be protected against adverts aim at us by what we do online or on tablets. I for one is against invasion of my privacy. I use Google Chrome and have enough stuff on it from them to opt out of tracking me around. The same on the tablet also. Actually Windows is on more PC though Corporate American use that OS and they're Marketing department uses MAC also. Now with UNIX, LINUX, APPLE, RIM, WebOS, Android and more of the same from Microsoft we need level the playing field and get these companies to get out of lives with this privacy issue. The pest control to me seems odd how when it first started Norton was the first on it then McAfee. Another big hype to by more apps to protect the system.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote