Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 02-24-2010, 02:39 AM   #31
jotekman
Enthusiast
jotekman is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-300
Yes, they are in the /crengine/fonts/ directory. I also used the naming scheme that you had. is there anything I have to do to load them or something (they are also duplicated in the internal memory.
Thanks
jotekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:55 AM   #32
Tirwal
Enthusiast
Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Hi:

Solsticio, a friend of our spanish forum, has discovered that Buggins has changed the fonts directory in lastest version of CoolReader. Now, the fonts have to be in /fonts directory under the root of your SD. The fonts have to have the extension in lowercase letters. Arial.TTF don't work, it must have been Arial.ttf.

Bye
Tirwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #33
jotekman
Enthusiast
jotekman is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-300
Thank you! Works great now!
Many many fonts to choose from
-Jotek
jotekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:22 AM   #34
lexfiend
lexfiend doesn't litterlexfiend doesn't litter

Device: Librie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirwal View Post
Hi:

Download again. The file downloaded may be corrupted, and format the SD to be sure the format is corrected.

Bye
Tried all that, but none of that worked. Then I found yet another 1GB Kingston SD, and that finally did the trick.

Thanks for the new firmware!
lexfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:48 AM   #35
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Hey Tirwal
I had an idea and was wondering can you implement in your firmware or is it even possible.
Using epub tweaker from here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70600
I can edit the css and add external font to my epub

Code:
@font-face {
  font-family: "Tirwal";
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: normal;
  src: url(res:///abook/fonts/TIRWAL.TTF);
}
@font-face {
  font-weight: bold;
  src: url(res:///abook/fonts/TIRWALBD.TTF);
}
@font-face {
  font-style: italic;
  src: url(res:///abook/fonts/TIRWALI.TTF);
}
@font-face {
  src: url(res:///abook/fonts/TIRWALBI.TTF);
}

body { font-family: "Tirwal", serif;}
So that should allow me to link to an external font in my epub

so I was wondering if you could write a software that would lets say overwrite the font with a font from a list of fonts available that should allow us to change fonts in epub
from inside the reader.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:07 AM   #36
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
so I was wondering if you could write a software that would lets say overwrite the font with a font from a list of fonts available that should allow us to change fonts in epub
from inside the reader.
The easiest way is probably to get userStyle.css to work, see Needed: Customization for ePub. This has actually been done for the Sony Readers, see Replace DEFAULT epub fonts! (PRS-505).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:05 AM   #37
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Xpdf in v.2.81 and v2.9 has a bug which doesn't exist in v.2.7.

In 2.81 and 2.9, when opening files with Xpdf in the FBreader boot option, there is always a bar showing the number of pages (e.g. 3 of 101) at the bottom in portrait mode or at the right side in landscape mode. This is annoying because you don't make use of the whole screen, hence you don't get the best possible zoom.

In 2.7 this bar is not visible and pages in Xpdf are shown full screen.

Does anyone else have this problem?
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #38
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The easiest way is probably to get userStyle.css to work, see Needed: Customization for ePub. This has actually been done for the Sony Readers, see Replace DEFAULT epub fonts! (PRS-505).

The only reason I needed it was as fbreader was not showing my epub properly.
Turns out after changing options I had to close the file and reopen it again for the settings to take effect.
Now I am quite satisfied with my reader. This fbreader does not have all the options that are in openinkpot but it is still way better than the adobe reader.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #39
Tirwal
Enthusiast
Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Hey Tirwal
I had an idea and was wondering can you implement in your firmware or is it even possible.
Using epub tweaker from here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70600
I can edit the css and add external font to my epub

Code:
@font-face {
  src: url(res:///abook/fonts/TIRWAL.TTF);
}
@font-face {
  src: url(res:///abook/fonts/TIRWALBD.TTF);
}
@font-face {
  src: url(res:///abook/fonts/TIRWALI.TTF);
}
@font-face {
  src: url(res:///abook/fonts/TIRWALBI.TTF);
}

body { font-family: "Tirwal", serif;}
So that should allow me to link to an external font in my epub

from inside the reader.
Hi:

I think it's possible to make some scripts that copy internal font to external font named tirwal or something. I'll try it. Thanks for your support.

Bye
Old 03-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #40
Tirwal
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
Xpdf in v.2.81 and v2.9 has a bug which doesn't exist in v.2.7.

In 2.81 and 2.9, when opening files with Xpdf in the FBreader boot option, there is always a bar showing the number of pages (e.g. 3 of 101) at the bottom in portrait mode or at the right side in landscape mode. This is annoying because you don't make use of the whole screen, hence you don't get the best possible zoom.

In 2.7 this bar is not visible and pages in Xpdf are shown full screen.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Hi:

Sorry for not writting sooner, but I have many work. I changed Viewer from version 2.7 to 2.81 or 2.9 because wasn't possible to went back from Xpdf mode to ADE mode with the viewer of 2.7 version. In hanlin firmware, all the things are mixed in various programs, and it's needed to use different versions to do differents things.

Bye
Old 03-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #41
Soxendom
Connoisseur
Soxendom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Is there something wrong with 4shared.com as I've yet to be able to access it. I've tried with both Firefox and IE. I would have liked to have tried the firmware but until I can access it I'll just have to stick with OI. All I get, after waiting about 5 minutes for the page to load is an error "The requested URL could not be loaded", which suggests to me that the page does not exist.
Soxendom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #42
Tirwal
Enthusiast

Hi:

Maybe you are using an old link.

Lastest version link is:

http://www.4shared.com/file/22558697...S19022010.html

I try it and it works.

Bye
Old 03-25-2010, 06:19 AM   #43
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirwal View Post
Hi:

Sorry for not writting sooner, but I have many work. I changed Viewer from version 2.7 to 2.81 or 2.9 because wasn't possible to went back from Xpdf mode to ADE mode with the viewer of 2.7 version. In hanlin firmware, all the things are mixed in various programs, and it's needed to use different versions to do differents things.

Bye
OK, Tirwal, thanks!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:25 AM   #44
slex
Addict

How do I go back from XPDF to Adobe PDF Reader?

I use Tirwal 2.7 and when in "Hanlin mode" I selected "Read in Xpdf" from the menu of an opened PDF file. Now all my pdfs open with Xpdf, but it doesn't have a menu entry "Open in Adobe Reader" or something.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #45
Tirwal
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
How do I go back from XPDF to Adobe PDF Reader?

I use Tirwal 2.7 and when in "Hanlin mode" I selected "Read in Xpdf" from the menu of an opened PDF file. Now all my pdfs open with Xpdf, but it doesn't have a menu entry "Open in Adobe Reader" or something.
Hi:

Version 2.7 has this bug. Update to new version. The link is 2 post above.

Bye