Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #16
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by apotofgold View Post
The only way I have been able to get an SVG to show as desired is to export the SVG in its <svg> tags and then load it into IBA using the HTML widget. Hope this helps!
I'm struggling with a problem very similar to this. I don't have iBooksAuthor, but would it be possible to upload an example ePub where you have used the widget, whatever that is, so I can have a look at the code produced by it?

Bre., sorry for reviwing an old thread, but I find it defensable since it's the same problem over again
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #17
eBook Artisans
eBook Artisans began at the beginning.

Device: All
Fix for iPad SVG graphics

I had to open the SVG image in a text editor, then copy paste the text into the HTML, and then the SVG image worked in iBooks.
eBook Artisans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by georg3200 View Post
Hi there,

We are producing ebooks in the epub-format for our customer. They want to read it on the IPad. The books contain a lot of tables and graphics. The only suitable way to show these are SVG-files.

In Adobe Digital Editions everything is fine. The SVG-graphics are visible and scalable.
But on the IPad the graphics are not visible (only a lot of white space).
We don't have an IPad so I'M not sure with what our customer has opened the epub?!

Does someone has an idea/solution?

Thanks
This is not about the iPad. It's about iBooks. You can use iBooks on an iPhone.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:52 AM   #19
mermerada
mermerada began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I opened svg files with a text editor and changed 'width' and 'height' variables in svg tag on the top. It's done.
mermerada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #20
twedigteam
Enthusiast
twedigteam began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
I'm having a similar issue, but strangely enough, SVG images do not show in regular iBooks "Book Mode", switching over to "Scroll Mode", they show up just fine!
twedigteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert