Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I just figured out why pshrynk's new avatar is making me laugh so hard

One of my cats is a very deceptively pretty looking flame point. Her name is Morgan.

Morgan is a tiny little thing, but she is a buzz saw if she's aggravated, and she's aggravated at everyone except for me.

People walk up to her and say "oh, nice kitty" and reach out to pet her, and before I can warn them to stop, the next thing I hear is "OWWWW, GET HER OFF ME!!!!"

When I have to leave her at the vet ... they wait until I can come to visit before they try to clean her cage. They pass food and water in through the bars.

She is three pounds of sheer death and destruction.

So, I sent a copy of pshrynk's new avatar to a bunch of my cat crazy friends, and they all just assumed it had to be Morgan ... armed and dangerous.

And it really is so very Morgan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	morgan.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	14348  
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
That is one EVIL looking cat.....and I dearly love cats........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

In her defense, she was pretty badly abused before I got her. It took me several years of working with her before I could handle her. Now, after eight years, she likes to sleep next to me.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
you are one amazing lady.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
she looks like she's much happier now. i'm glad you saved her. and she's a very beautiful cat.

hee, funny ; my own cat just jumped on my lap while i was looking at the photo ; when you zoom it's approximately actual cat size, and when she saw it she stared at it, bobbing her head around trying to see if it was really a cat. she was completely fascinated, she even climbed (very cautiously) halfway onto the desk, to get a closer look. i think she was hoping to make a new feline friend.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Reminds me of when we got our cat, Chloe, but without the "attacking visitors" part. She was a save from the pound, we think part of a big family, and had to fight for every scrap of food she got. Even today, 15 years later, she still wolfs down her food like it won't be there much longer.

She's big... almost 15 pounds. But she's always been a docile cat, leery of strangers (until you feed her!), and not fond of being handled until she knows you.

I think of Pshrynk's avatar, and I just picture Chloe hiding under the bed until Pshrynk was outta ammo. Then going off to see if there's anything to eat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0048.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	598.1 KB
ID:	14360  
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
you are one amazing lady.
Eh, I'm better with animals and electronics than with people. But, thanks for thinking so highly of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
she looks like she's much happier now. i'm glad you saved her. and she's a very beautiful cat.

hee, funny ; my own cat just jumped on my lap while i was looking at the photo ; when you zoom it's approximately actual cat size, and when she saw it she stared at it, bobbing her head around trying to see if it was really a cat. she was completely fascinated, she even climbed (very cautiously) halfway onto the desk, to get a closer look. i think she was hoping to make a new feline friend.
Someone sent me a video of two cats mating some years back. My cats Gordon and Madison were on my desk when it came in. They watched it very intently, and then, even though both of them were neutered as kittens, they started trying out the technique.

A few of them are big fans of the Animal Planet channel. I would pay the big bucks to really know what goes on in those little minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Reminds me of when we got our cat, Chloe, but without the "attacking visitors" part. She was a save from the pound, we think part of a big family, and had to fight for every scrap of food she got. Even today, 15 years later, she still wolfs down her food like it won't be there much longer.

She's big... almost 15 pounds. But she's always been a docile cat, leery of strangers (until you feed her!), and not fond of being handled until she knows you.

I think of Pshrynk's avatar, and I just picture Chloe hiding under the bed until Pshrynk was outta ammo. Then going off to see if there's anything to eat.
She looks a lot like my Gordon. Beautiful Russian blue type cat.

Saving Morgan was a bit of an adventure. A friend (from the internet) in North Carolina knew that she was being mistreated and wanted legal advice, so she emailed me. Her former family kept her in a closet sized room, since that was the only way they could "control" her. The only thing I could think of was just to fly from California to North Carolina and bring her home with me. Next thing I knew, I had another cat ... a screeching, biting, but very pretty, cat.

It's almost funny, because it's not like she immediately starts hissing at guests ... or even that she runs at them. She actually sits there looking like "I'm so cute ... don't you just want to pet me??" She waits until a person's hand is poised right above her head and then ... WHAMMO ... the biting and shredding begins.

Last time she had to go to the vet (she's about 16 years old now and we think she's got kidney stones), I went by to visit her. As is usual for me, I just sort of walked into the back of the vet clinic where the cages are, unlocked hers and started cuddling and kissing her. Then, I noticed that everyone in that area was just staring at us like we were the strangest thing they had ever seen. Doctor Polly just laughed and said "Don't mind us, we're just amazed to see her when she's not trying to kill someone." Then one of the techs asked if it would be ok if she cleaned Morgan's cage while I had her.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:29 AM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Ooh, look, a bird, when is lunch, not another lolcat picture, time for a nap, ooh look a bird, get out of my litter box you ho, time for a nap, when is lunch, ooh look a bird, time for a nap, kill the human, ball ball ball ball ball, can i have some catnip, ball ball ball, ooh look a bird, time for a fight, let's look at the ceiling for no apparent reason, ball ball ball ball, time for a nap, when is lunch, i'm going to scream loudly now for no apparent reason, I'm confused.

That pretty much sums up the internal life of a cat.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #9
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Ooh, look, a hot chick, when is lunch, not another lolcat picture, time for a nap, ooh look a hot chick, keep your hands off my beer, time for a nap, when is lunch, ooh look a hot chick, time for a nap, look at that big truck, MR MR MR MR MR MR MR MR, can I have some bacon, MR MR MR, ooh look a hot chick, time for a fight, let's look at the ceiling for no apparent reason, MR MR MR MR, time for a nap, when is lunch, I'm going to scream loudly now for no apparent reason, I'm confused.

That pretty much sums up the internal life of.......
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:33 AM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
She looks a lot like my Gordon. Beautiful Russian blue type cat.
We thought she was a Russian Blue, too, until we saw some specs, looked closer, and realized she is a Korat (a Thai breed). They're apparently very close cousins to each other, somehow. And I don't know about Blues, but Chloe meowing sounds like Brenda Vaccaro back home from a party at 3AM!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
We thought she was a Russian Blue, too, until we saw some specs, looked closer, and realized she is a Korat (a Thai breed). They're apparently very close cousins to each other, somehow. And I don't know about Blues, but Chloe meowing sounds like Brenda Vaccaro back home from a party at 3AM!
I've hear of Korat cats. I think they are also related to the Siamese ... which would account for the "lovely" singing voice.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #12
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Ooh, look, a hot chick, when is lunch, not another lolcat picture, time for a nap, ooh look a hot chick, keep your hands off my beer, time for a nap, when is lunch, ooh look a hot chick, time for a nap, look at that big truck, MR MR MR MR MR MR MR MR, can I have some bacon, MR MR MR, ooh look a hot chick, time for a fight, let's look at the ceiling for no apparent reason, MR MR MR MR, time for a nap, when is lunch, I'm going to scream loudly now for no apparent reason, I'm confused.

That pretty much sums up the internal life of.......
ROFL!!!
I don't think he's been reading this thread.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #13
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
ROFL!!!

No but He eerily described my Day???
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #14
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
ROFL!!!
What? You're saying that that referes to moi?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #15
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
It's almost funny, because it's not like she immediately starts hissing at guests ... or even that she runs at them. She actually sits there looking like "I'm so cute ... don't you just want to pet me??" She waits until a person's hand is poised right above her head and then ... WHAMMO ... the biting and shredding begins.
We have one like that too. She'll roll on her back and wave her tummy at unsuspecting guests. Everyone who visits gets a warning to simply ignore her, or, if they want to pay attention, to do it from a distance, i.e. coo "she's so cute!" (which she actually likes... as far as we can tell).

None of my cats have ever seemed to be interested in pictures or videos of other cats, though they'll look up if they hear audio of a cat. I haven't tried showing them kitty porn. I think I'll skip that experience.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment