Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2022, 05:26 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Firmware 4.33.19759

Firmware 4.33.19759 has been released.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:33 PM   #2
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Release Notes

Pinch to change font size in eBooks

• You can now change the font size in your eBooks by using the pinch gesture.
• As you pinch, a circular preview window will appear to allow you to see the font size as you adjust it.
• Once you are comfortable with the size you can release your fingers to update the font size on the page.
• You can also toggle this feature on or off in Reading Settings.

Zoom lock for PDF

• Turning pages in PDFs will now automatically maintain the current zoom level and position from the previous page.
• This can be useful if you have zoomed in slightly to remove excess margins and increase the legibility of the content.

General Improvements

• Show “Add more dictionaries” button under the language dropdown menu in dictionary lookup
• Bug Fixes
• Improved Stability
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2022, 05:34 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Release notes for 4.33.19759

Pinch to change font size in eBooks

• You can now change the font size in your eBooks by using the pinch gesture.
• As you pinch, a circular preview window will appear to allow you to see the font size as you adjust it.
• Once you are comfortable with the size you can release your fingers to update the font size on the page.
• You can also toggle this feature on or off in Reading Settings.

Zoom lock for PDF

• Turning pages in PDFs will now automatically maintain the current zoom level and position from the previous page.
• This can be useful if you have zoomed in slightly to remove excess margins and increase the legibility of the content.

General Improvements

• Show “Add more dictionaries” button under the language dropdown menu in dictionary lookup
• Bug Fixes
• Improved Stability
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:09 PM   #4
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Is multiple-font issue fixed?
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:30 PM   #5
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Nice. Waiting for patches.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2022, 08:08 PM   #6
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Nice. Waiting for patches.
Done.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:11 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
Is multiple-font issue fixed?
What issue?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:22 PM   #8
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Sage
The setting "Indicator Light while charging" still does nothing. Plug it into the power cord and the light comes on for a few seconds then turns off. This bug had been there since the first update to the original firmware. Not a biggie but still - how hard is it to leave the LED on if that menu option is set? Why even have the option if you don't want to actually support it?

Still waiting to see if the StylusUsageDetected=false toggles to true and the device shows MyNotebooks on the MyBooks page if the usb-c cable gets close to the device port for a few seconds before actually connecting.

I found that if you don't connect quickly this flag gets toggled somehow. It wasn't as bad on the 4.32 firmware but happend regularlt with the 4.33 versions.
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:49 PM   #9
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What issue?

Specifying different fonts in css won't work in kobo device, the fonts in css will fallback to kobo builtin fonts. So at most two fonts are available when you read book on kobo device, one is fallback font, one is the chosen font from the font dropdown list.

The multiple-font feature doesn't work anymore since the font part was rewritten in new firmware(since 4.32 if I remembered correctly)
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:36 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
Specifying different fonts in css won't work in kobo device, the fonts in css will fallback to kobo builtin fonts. So at most two fonts are available when you read book on kobo device, one is fallback font, one is the chosen font from the font dropdown list.

The multiple-font feature doesn't work anymore since the font part was rewritten in new firmware(since 4.32 if I remembered correctly)
Just curious if
a) has this been reported to Kobo
b) do you have a test case showing this

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:43 PM   #11
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Done.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschucha View Post
The setting "Indicator Light while charging" still does nothing. Plug it into the power cord and the light comes on for a few seconds then turns off. This bug had been there since the first update to the original firmware. Not a biggie but still - how hard is it to leave the LED on if that menu option is set? Why even have the option if you don't want to actually support it?
This has been a frustration for me too. i wanted my Libra 2 to display led light while asleep and charging then turn off when it reaches 100%.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:51 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As has been seen, firmware version 4.33.19759 is being rolled out. This is going out to all the devices except the Mini. It will be rolled out according to Kobo normal rollout schedule.

The changes that I know of in the firmware are:
  • 'Add more dictionaries' option included in language dropdown. Selecting this open the "Manage Dictionaries" popup and the installed dictionaries can be changed.
  • Use pinch gesture to change font size when reading
    • Displays circle with some text in new font size.
    • Only on devices with capacitive touchscreen.
  • Clock when reading has been moved to top left when the menu is displayed.
  • Fixes:
    • Audiobook progress syncing between devices
    • Updated handwriting timeout to reduce lag in Notebook
    • Aura SD: Removed two finger scroll gesture
    • Libra 2 stability improvements

If I think of anything else, I will add it later.

calibre
While the firmware version didn't change to 4.34.x, the internal database version did change. This will require bumping the supported database version in the driver. I have checked in this change and it should be in the next calibre release. Until then, it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option on the driver.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:59 PM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
This has been a frustration for me too. i wanted my Libra 2 to display led light while asleep and charging then turn off when it reaches 100%.
Why? Are you going to unplug it when the light goes out? Or if you need to go somewhere and want to take the device you won't until the charging is finished?

Sorry, I understand that people don't like it when things don't work exactly how they think they should, but all the gnashing of teeth over this is far to much. It is such a minor thing. And of course, the option is labeled "Indicator light while charging". Can someone tell me what that means? And then tell me were you got that meaning from.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:06 PM   #14
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Why? Are you going to unplug it when the light goes out? Or if you need to go somewhere and want to take the device you won't until the charging is finished?

Sorry, I understand that people don't like it when things don't work exactly how they think they should, but all the gnashing of teeth over this is far to much. It is such a minor thing. And of course, the option is labeled "Indicator light while charging". Can someone tell me what that means? And then tell me were you got that meaning from.
Just my OCD kicking in.

Sometimes it helps to see (thru the led light) if the device is charging/still charging/done charging without needing to wake up the device.

I get what you mean that this is just a minor thing especially ereaders are usually charged not very often.

For me , "Indicator light while charging" means it's supposed to be on (led light) while it is charging. My perspective is from my mobile phone which has an indicator light while it is plugged in the charger.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:09 PM   #15
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't know how the others are but on the Elipsa when it's charging and sleeping it shows the battery level in the box on the left where it says Sleeping. When it's turned off there's no battery status, but that's not a big deal for me since I only turn it off and charge it when the battery is very low and I know I won't be using it soon. I've no idea if anyone has timed the speed difference with charging it sleeping versus off; perhaps it's not significant.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release