Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-30-2021, 01:28 PM   #1
mad_maks
mad_maks began at the beginning.

Device: G000K9 Kindle Basic 2 (2016) KT3
POCKETBOOK Touch Lux 5 touchscreen not working after update

Hi guys,
I've got exact same problem as was described here but with Touch Lux 5.
Update to version 6.5.1089 went fine but 2 days later my PocketBook show me that there is a newer firmware 6.5.1433.

After updating procedure there was info on the screen "Update failed The device will turn off in few seconds".

Even if I manually put swupdate.bin (no matter if it is old 6.5.1089 or new 6.5.1433) update is failing all the time and touchpad not working anymore.

hwconfig show device_touchpanel=22 if that helps.

What can I do to solve it?
mad_maks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:05 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I don't know for sure if TL5 is the same as the HD3 for this (I'm guessing it is)... this is how I updated my HD3 (support told another user, teriyake, to use this procedure and he/she shared it in another thread).
  • Unpack the zip file in the main PocketBook folder.
  • Turn off the PocketBook (completely, hold down off/on key for a few seconds)
  • Push and hold the Forward and Backyard Page turn buttons while simultaneously pushing the Power Button. Hold the Page turn buttons until the screen says "Firmware Updating."
  • Wait. I think I had to wait for five minutes and about two reloads before it was done.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2021, 06:48 AM   #3
mad_maks

@rcentros As I said befored I tried to manually copy the file to the device and use your well known procedure to update software but with no luck.
Every time I do this (no matter if it is swupdate.bin file from 6.5.1089 or 6.5.1433) it ends with this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211230_172635.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	391.7 KB
ID:	191126  
Old 12-31-2021, 11:53 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
I had a comparable problem once. Turned out to be a failed update/memory error which killed my bootsector. Pocketbook had to replace the mainboard for me.
Regarding your problem: I would try to get my hands on the oldest update you can get and try a manual downgrade. If this doen't work contact pocketbook service for a solution.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 06:45 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_maks View Post
@rcentros As I said befored I tried to manually copy the file to the device and use your well known procedure to update software but with no luck.
Every time I do this (no matter if it is swupdate.bin file from 6.5.1089 or 6.5.1433) it ends with this:
Sorry. I didn't know this was "well-known" (I'm pretty new at PocketBooks). I thought the normal -- manual -- upgrade procedure was to turn the PocketBook off and then turn it back on. I thought maybe pushing to the two page turn buttons cleared something.

I'll bow out now. Hope you get your TL5 up and running soon.
Advert
Old 01-01-2022, 09:37 AM   #6
mad_maks

@nhedgehog Ok. I will try it. The oldest one on the PocketBook is 6.1.408. Lets find out if I will be lucky...
Old 01-01-2022, 12:47 PM   #7
mad_maks

Things are getting weirder: after I downgrade system to 6.1.408 touchcreen started working fine. As soon as I try to update system to any version (like 6.5.1089 or newest 6.5.1433) same error occured and touchscreen stop working again.

I will try to contact service.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:54 PM   #8
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Higher version updates are finished without error? There should be a logfile of the update.
Old 01-01-2022, 04:06 PM   #9
mad_maks

Every single version that I tried so far finished with error. One thing is interesting: last "working" version in my case is 6.1.1220. Any higer causes dead touchscreen. Diggin' in to log file I found that between 6.1.1220 and next one which is 6.3.698 something is updated:

Update XCD touch from 12F7 to 12F8

Maybe that is some kind of touchscreen firmware?
Old 01-01-2022, 05:56 PM   #10
nhedgehog
Guru

Yes that sounds like a touchscreen firmware update.
Old 01-01-2022, 06:01 PM   #11
nhedgehog
Guru

Sounds like the touchscreen firmware update goes through but the rest has some problems and can't access the changed touch. Guess you have an internal memory problem (hardware failure).
Old 03-20-2022, 11:37 AM   #12
Helen-
Helen- began at the beginning.

Device: Touch lux 5
Ik wil graag een bericht schrijven maar heb geen flauw idee waar ik dat kan doen, heb alles al bekeken.
Helen- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 11:51 PM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen- View Post
Ik wil graag een bericht schrijven maar heb geen flauw idee waar ik dat kan doen, heb alles al bekeken.
This message showed up. Do you mean a private message to the original poster?