Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What book(s) do you want to read for may 2021
The Postman by David Brin 4 66.67%
All Systems Red by Martha Wells 3 50.00%
Dune by Frank Herbert 3 50.00%
Binti by Nnedi Okorafor 2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2021, 03:02 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
May 2021 Voting

We have 4 books for the May 2021 vote. This will be a multiple choice vote. If there is a tie, we will have a run-off vote. The vote will end on Tuesday sometime.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 04:51 PM   #2
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
I really want to read the only book I've voted for
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2021, 06:07 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've not looked at what the voting totals are. But I am ready to read whatever wins.
Old 05-17-2021, 02:25 PM   #4
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I'm down to one of two books, but don't know which to vote for. I usually only vote for one book, not the multiple choice option.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:31 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
I'm down to one of two books, but don't know which to vote for. I usually only vote for one book, not the multiple choice option.
Go ahead and vote for both.
Advert
Old 05-18-2021, 03:26 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

And the winner is The Postman by David Brin.

The discussion will start the 3rd week of June.

Because we started late for May. the June nomination will take place soon.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-18-2021 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2021, 04:53 PM   #7
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Sounds good to me.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 05:50 PM   #8
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Voting was already closed when I came to vote yesterday but I am happy. This was my first choice. Finished reading it early this morning and have returned it to Free Library of Philadelphia in case one of you is the next hold.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 05:23 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
Voting was already closed when I came to vote yesterday but I am happy. This was my first choice. Finished reading it early this morning and have returned it to Free Library of Philadelphia in case one of you is the next hold.
That was a fast read. Well done.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:21 PM   #10
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
The winner doesn't tempt me this time, but I've now reread All Systems Red, and finished the second Murderbot book. I was in a bit of a reading slump, which the book club has nudged me out of -- thanks for that!
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 02:10 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
The winner doesn't tempt me this time, but I've now reread All Systems Red, and finished the second Murderbot book. I was in a bit of a reading slump, which the book club has nudged me out of -- thanks for that!
Happy to help.

I'm almost done with the 1st chapter of The Postman. I cannot say if I like it or not yet.