Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-06-2021, 09:21 PM   #1
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Nova 3 Color and firmware 3.1 announcement

Today boox announced new Nova 3 Color (7.8'') device.
https://youtu.be/UTbuDQp_ano

Some things of note in fw 3.1:
* Recording audio notes in the notes app
* Original books styles in NeoReader
* Screen Recording
* More shapes, styles and canvas settings in notes app
* Improved file sharing
* Side gestures to adjust frontlight/volume
* App sorting in launcher
* Annotation sharing via email
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:08 PM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Very tempting. Wasn't in the market for a new ereader, but I may just change my mind.

I wonder if pictures sketched in colour on this ereader will appear the same as they do on the ereader when exported or whether they will be more vibrant. I am hoping that they will appear the same as they do on the ereader.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2021, 03:28 AM   #3
kindle72
kindle72 began at the beginning.

Device: A7CC
Sadly it also comes with a Wacom layer. Again dark spots in direct sunlight when it's summer:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=163
kindle72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:03 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle72 View Post
Sadly it also comes with a Wacom layer. Again dark spots in direct sunlight when it's summer:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=163
I don't know whether EInk has made a correction in the meantime - the Nova 3 also has 7.8 inch Wacom and I haven't read anything about it.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:26 AM   #5
menpe
Enthusiast
menpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Boyue Likebook P78, Onyx Boox i86HDML+
$420 blaze it!
Great price, I'd only feel 110% ripped off instead of 150%.
menpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2021, 04:54 AM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menpe View Post
$420 blaze it!
But that will be even more expensive due to transport and VAT
Quote:
Great price, I'd only feel 110% ripped off instead of 150%.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:26 AM   #7
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
The 10.3 is going to be expensive... :/ The Max, just a dream :/
Very cool product, and some of the updates in the firmware are very cool
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:39 AM   #8
kindle72
kindle72 began at the beginning.

Device: A7CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I don't know whether EInk has made a correction in the meantime - the Nova 3 also has 7.8 inch Wacom and I haven't read anything about it.
Would be cool if this problem is gone. I bought Nova 2 especially for reading outdoor in the summer season. Always needed to refresh the screen, even without scrolling. My girlfriends Kindle doesn't had this behavior.
kindle72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:49 AM   #9
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle72 View Post
Would be cool if this problem is gone. I bought Nova 2 especially for reading outdoor in the summer season. Always needed to refresh the screen, even without scrolling.
I own Nova 2 and Likebook Ares, both have this bug - with the Likebook Ares it only occurs in the note area.
It's only 7.8 inch Wacom - I haven't seen this behavior with others.
So far, I haven't heard anything from the Nova 3 in this regard.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:02 PM   #10
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
I believe reading using a different app from NeoReader solves the problem. I used KOReader and there wasn't any problem reading in the sun. I assume it's because it doesn't make use of the wacom layer.
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:32 PM   #11
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galunid View Post
I believe reading using a different app from NeoReader solves the problem. I used KOReader and there wasn't any problem reading in the sun. I assume it's because it doesn't make use of the wacom layer.
I am not sure about that. I think I can remember that the bug also appeared in Calibre Companion and AlReader.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:06 AM   #12
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkccerbero View Post
The 10.3 is going to be expensive... :/ The Max, just a dream :/
Very cool product, and some of the updates in the firmware are very cool

I would get a max one. With the actual price increase it would be around 1.200 USD thou.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:10 AM   #13
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Onyx Boox on reddit said:
Quote:
Firmware V3.1 is available for #MaxLumi, #NoteAir, #Note3, #Nova3, and #Poke3. Go to Settings to update your BOOX now.Since we push the update package in gated launch, if you can not detect the update package, please try again next day. V3.1 for other models will be coming soon.

Last edited by yokos; 03-11-2021 at 06:20 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:14 AM   #14
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Is there a download file for a manual update?
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:45 AM   #15
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
I downloaded firmware 3.1 this morning. The v.2 of ePub rendering is unusable. A LOT of problems.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote