Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-15-2020, 11:27 PM   #1
BradWaite
BradWaite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Enable Word Runner in Kindle app

Hi guys,

What needs to be done to enable Word Runner on the Kindle app for epub-origin books?

I typically send via email, but I've read that automatically flags the file as a personal document, for which Word Runner isn't available.

How else should I transfer it? Or is that not what's keeping WR from being available?

As far as the conversion goes, I do have the [EBOK] Personal Dog tag set in MOBI output.

Thanks!
BradWaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:21 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradWaite View Post
As far as the conversion goes, I do have the [EBOK] Personal Dog tag set in MOBI output.
Word Runner does not work for personal documents, only for books marked with CDETYPE=EBOK.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2020, 12:56 PM   #3
BradWaite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Word Runner does not work for personal documents, only for books marked with CDETYPE=EBOK.
Yes, I've read that. My understanding is that if you set the Personal Doc tag to "[PDOC]" in Convert books > MOBI output > Kindle options, and then use the send to Kindle email, it should show up as a book on the app with Word Runner enabled.

That's not the case with me, so I'm checking to see what I'm missing.

Or is it impossible to use the send to Kindle and get Word Runner?
Old 11-16-2020, 01:13 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My understanding is that if you set the Personal Doc tag to "[PDOC]" in Convert books > MOBI output > Kindle options, and then use the send to Kindle email, it should show up as a book on the app with Word Runner enabled.
Anything delivered via Kindle email will be a personal document as will anything marked as PDOC in calibre.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:37 PM   #5
BradWaite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Anything delivered via Kindle email will be a personal document as will anything marked as PDOC in calibre.
Okay, thanks for the confirmation.

That begs the question, is there a way to deliver to multiple devices with inter-device sync (Whispersync), other than Send-to-Kindle?

i.e. I'd like to read "normally" on my phone and Oasis, and occasionally read w/Word Runner on my phone.
Advert
Old 11-16-2020, 02:07 PM   #6
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That begs the question, is there a way to deliver to multiple devices with inter-device sync (Whispersync), other than Send-to-Kindle?
As far as I know the only way of doing that and having Word Runner is to purchase the book from Amazon.

Tags
kindle android app, word runner