Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2019, 07:37 AM   #46
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Here's a weird bug.

I opened a book, an epub that was created by Calibre conversion from an azw3. I tap the centre of the screen and get the progress slider at the bottom. I play with it a while. I now have a position in the book represented by the open circle and the previous position a black dot. I tap the black dot to return to the previous position and it gives me a message: "Your eReader is not authorized to open this book" and talks about ADE DRM. However the book has no DRM and it opens just fine, I can read it, I only get this message when clicking the black dot.

Only found one book where this happens. Tried a couple of others and they are fine.
It's a bug. It's another problem with files in the book that do not have a ToC entry. There is a change in how the reading location for epub is stored. I think it was the first part of fixing the existing issues with files not having entries in the ToC. Unfortunately, it looks like it hasn't. I recommend reporting it to Kobo so they know the problem is important to you to have fixed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:39 AM   #47
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I just read an article with pocket. I'll check the firmware to see if there is anything funny there.

Update: I don't see anything unusual about the Accounts menu, as the only thing changing the visibility is if parental controls are on. You should also be able to sign in from the My Articles view.

Last edited by geek1011; 09-17-2019 at 07:47 AM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2019, 07:50 AM   #48
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
I updated my Glo HD to this firmware release and Pocket works as usual. Everything is where it was before as well. Go to Settings --> Account to sign in if you haven't already, maybe the 'My Articles' tab doesn't appear until you've done so?
One thing I've noticed so far is that the 'guide popup' that came up when I first opened the in-book menu (the one that explains how the new navigation works) hasn't been translated into Italian. As for the rest, everything is working well so far. It's great to finally be able to 'go back' from inside a book instead of being forced to go to the home screen every time.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:51 AM   #49
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Calibre support

The KoboTouch driver in calibre was updated in version 3.48 to support the Kobo Libra H2O and firmware 3.17.x. Unfortunately, there was a very late change to the database. The database version was bumped after the calibre release. This means that until the next release of calibre, you will need to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware" in the driver.

Other than the need to use the above option, the are no issues with the KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended driver. There will be an issue with Kobo Utilities plugin fetching the reading status from the device. It will get the percent read and last read timestamp correctly. The problem will be getting the actual reading location. This will be empty. I'll probably fix this over the weekend.

I don't know when the next calibre release will be. The release of 3.48 was to support the Libra H2O while version 4 is being beta tested. I will be checking in the update for the database version tonight. It will probably be included in the next calibre beta for those who want to try it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:55 AM   #50
perisiana
Connoisseur
perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Are you on the 4.13.13651 firmware? It seems to be linked to the F/w, not the device.
I'm on the 4.17.13651
perisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2019, 08:03 AM   #51
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I'm in Australia. I changed the affiliate on my H2O2 to "kobo" and synced - but am still on 4.1512920. Is that to be expected?

Last edited by meeera; 09-17-2019 at 08:05 AM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:26 AM   #52
sincetoknow
sincetoknow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
This firmware just doesn't work with PDF without proper ToC (Bookmarks). It shows my progress but when I back out, reopen the PDF, it starts anew. It even happens with books which previously works with the previous firmware.
To get around this issue: Open the PDF, choose Save as and save it as a completely different PDF.
sincetoknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:31 AM   #53
albare
Connoisseur
albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kobo h2o
I have I my h2o a scard with hidden folders and is scanning it for books.
I have 5000 books in the sdcard in this .books folder and when I push the sdcard in the device it hangs (begin to scan all 5000 books) with the latest firmware I don't have this problem.

Enviado desde mi SM-A705FN mediante Tapatalk
albare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:33 AM   #54
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I'm in Australia. I changed the affiliate on my H2O2 to "kobo" and synced - but am still on 4.1512920. Is that to be expected?
If you look at the picture in the second post, or look my kobofirmware page, you'll see that the Kobo affiliate doesn't have this version yet. You'll want to try something like bestbuyca or walmartca.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:49 AM   #55
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
If you look at the picture in the second post, or look my kobofirmware page, you'll see that the Kobo affiliate doesn't have this version yet. You'll want to try something like bestbuyca or walmartca.
OK, thanks! I was going by the first post where it said "The affiliates used to check these firmware versions were: kobo, bestbuyca, fnac, beta, rakutenbooks, and the walmartca. ". Didn't realise that meant only some of those actually triggered the release.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:25 AM   #56
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I was thinking about this since someone mentioned it in the 4.16 firmware thread.

How often are people going into the full settings menu when reading a book?

Yes, you could make the argument that certain features are not used frequently, but it was still nice to have convenient access to all settings, and there's plenty of room in the top menu bar for the "hamburger', so why not?
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:28 AM   #57
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by albare View Post
I install it on h2o v1 without problema but now is searching books in hidden folders!!. Example .adds folder it put all images from this folder like books
I encountered this as well. It pulled in a bunch of images from an old install of the Plato reader that I thought I had deleted.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:36 AM   #58
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I just read an article with pocket. I'll check the firmware to see if there is anything funny there.

Update: I don't see anything unusual about the Accounts menu, as the only thing changing the visibility is if parental controls are on. You should also be able to sign in from the My Articles view.
That's it! I turned on parental control to test it and forgot to turn it off. Works fine now, thanks.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:37 AM   #59
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I've installed this firmware, and as of yet, it seems everything is working, at least for KEPUBs. I like the knew progress options, even though I think the "Reading Progress" menu could have had its own button, and the header and footer could have a bigger font in the space provided.

I like the fact that my three year old KA1 still gets the features of the newer readers such as the Forma and Libra. Even though Amazon ports some newer features to some older Kindles, it seems Kobo ports everything back as far as they possibly can.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:50 AM   #60
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, as I have already said, with this FW I have solved my main request: progress in book and chapter while reading. If they shown number of pages in library and we could sort by number of pages.... (file size is not useful, and I already include the number of pages as subtitle and collections in details but...)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote