Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 06:57 AM   #1
therazorsedge
therazorsedge began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2
Downloading Spanish Covers Instead of English

Hello.

I live in a Spanish country but my library is in English and I want all metadata including covers to be in English.

When I launch the download metadata for covers, some come in English and some come in Spanish. Without using a proxy server to make the servers think I am in Canada, how can I specify English Only?

Thanks
therazorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no way to do it for google, but for amazon you can customize it via Preferences->metadata download->configure the amazon source touse a country specific server
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
You might find that this plugin gives you a wider selection of English covers
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
covers, english, metadata