Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 09:06 PM   #46
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
only Kobo know the reason/reasons why they changed the home screen,
Except what they stated in the release notes ("A fresh new layout that puts the focus back on your current reads – with larger text and bigger book covers."), and in the blog post, and announcement email that went out.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:45 AM   #47
thatluckyguy
Maybe a Nice Guy
thatluckyguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Anyone using the new firmware can confirm that dictionaries work fine on Koreader? On the previous firmware release Koreader dictionary was broken.
thatluckyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2017, 02:44 AM   #48
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Changing the view changes the view for all lists.
Doesn't change the "Authors" continues to show only in the form of covers.

This is not good.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:20 AM   #49
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post

This is not good.
The Authors list works as expected forme, is it possible you have accidentally activated some hidden setting? Maybe in the conf file?
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:33 AM   #50
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post

This is not good.
Yes, I've managed to trigger the same behaviour on my Glo HD. The following things are happening in my library:
- in the Books section, I change the view from list to covers. The books under the Books, Authors and Collections sections are all correctly displayed in cover view.
- Following this, if I go back to the Books section and change it back from cover view to list view, the setting is changed and remembered only in the Books section, but under Authors and Collections all of the books keep showing in cover view.
- Going into the Authors section, selecting one author at random and manually changing the view from cover to list works only inside that specific author's page and is forgotten as you as you go back to the main section.
- Going into the Collections section, selecting one collection at random and manually changing the view from cover to list changes the setting for that collection and all other collections in the section. The setting is forgotten as soon as you switch back to any other area (the Authors and Books sections etc.)

The update process seemed to be going smoothly, same for when I applied the patch. If no one else has the same behaviour I might factory reset and see if it disappears or not.

Last edited by mathil; 10-14-2017 at 05:37 AM.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2017, 05:47 AM   #51
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Glo HD
This also happens on H2O и Glo HD

The authors only show in the form of covers, I can not return the list view. Replaced 'Kobo eReader.conf' with a backup, it returned. But this is not good, and not on one device.

Last edited by Semwize; 10-14-2017 at 05:53 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:32 AM   #52
ElWorm
Zealot
ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.

Device: Kobo H2O, Paperwhite 3, Oasis 2, Pocketbook HD, Glowlight Plus
Upgraded from 3.19.5761 on an H2O.

Upgrade was done after a factory reset and auto update. Version 4.6.9960 side loaded. Rebooted after new firmware installed. Synced to get dictionaries, rebooted again.

I liked that they fixed the performance problem I was having with 4.6.9960. I liked that it only took 12 seconds to open the Collections as opposed to the 2 minutes 10 seconds it took with 3.19. I noticed that the web browser works much better, no longer having the constant flashing I get when I use it on 3.19

I did have some problems, though. When I was navigating the menus, three different times it jumped back to the homepage. I noticed that, even though I had auto sync turned off, the sync icon would occasionally be moving, and when I tapped it would say it was syncing. I also noticed that the wifi icon would be bold, as though it was in use, even when not syncing. In version 3.19 it would only turn on the wifi when I wanted to look a word up on Google or Wikipedia. It froze on me once at the beginning of a chapter and I had to reboot. I also noticed that the page turns were just a wee bit slower, probably only a fraction of a second, but definitely noticeable to me.

Last edited by ElWorm; 10-14-2017 at 06:38 AM.
ElWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:44 AM   #53
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Ok you are all right sorry...
Once you get the Author in Cover view, it gets stuck and I had to edit the.conf file to viewby5list() to get list view back
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:48 AM   #54
EthanYi
EthanYi began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO aura one,Kindle paperwhite3
Upgrade to 4.6.9995 firmware, my Auto-Shelf stops working! Someone like me?
EthanYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:52 AM   #55
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
See the information at this post , in the Auto-Shelf thread.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:21 AM   #56
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElWorm View Post
I did have some problems, though. When I was navigating the menus, three different times it jumped back to the homepage. I noticed that, even though I had auto sync turned off, the sync icon would occasionally be moving, and when I tapped it would say it was syncing. I also noticed that the wifi icon would be bold, as though it was in use, even when not syncing. In version 3.19 it would only turn on the wifi when I wanted to look a word up on Google or Wikipedia. It froze on me once at the beginning of a chapter and I had to reboot. I also noticed that the page turns were just a wee bit slower, probably only a fraction of a second, but definitely noticeable to me.
"Auto sync" is referring to the daily scheduled full sync. The device does communicate with the server at other times. When it does, the WiFi will be connected and the icon should show this. And once the WiFi is connected, it stays up for a few minutes afterward the sync is finished. Firmware 3.19.x behaved in the same way, but, recent firmware is connecting more often if it can.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:16 AM   #57
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
Ok you are all right sorry...
Once you get the Author in Cover view, it gets stuck and I had to edit the.conf file to viewby5list() to get list view back
After you edited that, did the Kobo start behaving normally or switching to Cover view makes it stuck again?
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:31 AM   #58
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
After you edited that, did the Kobo start behaving normally or switching to Cover view makes it stuck again?
If you're looking at the 'Authors' tab it gets stuck on 'Cover view' even if you set it back to 'List view' on the device. The only way I could get it back to 'List view' was by manually editing the .conf file to
Code:
LastLibraryViewType_author=viewBy5List()
as Stevex said. It seems that changing the setting via the Kobo GUI is not actually writing the change back to the .conf file.

Using the GUI to change between 'List view' and 'Cover view' seems to work OK when viewing MyBooks.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatluckyguy View Post
Anyone using the new firmware can confirm that dictionaries work fine on Koreader? On the previous firmware release Koreader dictionary was broken.
That's not a firmware issue. That's a KOReader issue.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #60
thatluckyguy
Maybe a Nice Guy
thatluckyguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's not a firmware issue. That's a KOReader issue.
Are you sure? Because the same KOReader version has a faulty dictionary alongside the 9960 firmware version, while performing well on 9587.
thatluckyguy is offline   Reply With Quote