Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2017, 02:59 PM   #1
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
New firmware release - 4.4.9298

Kobo has released firmware 4.4.9298. Download links below:

Mark 3 hardware-4.4.9298.zip

Mark 4 hardware-4.4.9298.zip

Mark 5 hardware-4.4.9298.zip

Mark 6 hardware-4.4.9298.zip

Have fun!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
So this firmware gives everyone the new home screen right?

Any other bug fixes/changes? And any more depth on the new improved home screen?
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2017, 03:14 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Request to have 4.4.9298 added to the title of this thread. Please and thank you!
Old 05-09-2017, 03:17 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Request to have 4.4.9298 added to the title of this thread. Please and thank you!
You're welcome.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:27 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
So this firmware gives everyone the new home screen right?

Any other bug fixes/changes? And any more depth on the new improved home screen?
I'm not sure but think you are right that the new home screen is the default -- my devices have been showing the new home screen so not sure what others will see.

Reading stats seem to be fixed (YEAH!!!)

PIN lock available without Rakuten affiliate

Author tab on My Books view though some oddities (Alexandre Dumas, Pere shows as Pere)

Date Added sort for library view.

On the new home screen, the lower right block (most of the time) is the current author I am reading with the number of books by that author in my library. Useful to those like me who tend to binge read a single author. The new home screen is growing on me but then I spend little time on it. Finish book, tap either My Books or Author and on to the next read.

Under My Books, the Books page number entry box is still too small for 3 digit page numbers but the page number entry box for Authors or Collections are large enough.
Advert
Old 05-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
You're welcome.
Thanks again!
Old 05-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #7
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I have a problem to download the new FW it stop downloading after 10MB.
Also it doesn't show here.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #8
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Both mark 5 and 6 downloaded for me. Currently trying to update my H2O to test the new firmware, though it's hanging on the boot screen, it was also way out of date so it may just be a long process we saw awhile back with the first 4.x firmware.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
I have a problem to download the new FW it stop downloading after 10MB.
Also it doesn't show here.
I noticed the Mark 4 download slowed after the first 30MB and took about 10 minutes to complete but the Mark 3, 5 & 6 had no issues though I don't know if that is Kobo's issue or Akamai's. As for geek1011's firmware locator? What I used cycles through all the Kobo affiliates I have listed in a fashion best described as slower than molasses -- a coder I'm not. I think bestbuy.ca was the winner on this firmware but really wasn't paying attention -- Gods of Sagittarius was claiming my attention while it ran.

I used the Mark 6 5 & 4 firmware to update my various Kobos. (KA1, Aura H20, Aura HD, Aura) and all seemed happy enough.

Last edited by DNSB; 05-09-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:48 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Both mark 5 and 6 downloaded for me. Currently trying to update my H2O to test the new firmware, though it's hanging on the boot screen, it was also way out of date so it may just be a long process we saw awhile back with the first 4.x firmware.
I suspect that there are database updates that take a while if you are not on recent firmware.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #11
MGlitch
Wizard

I wasn't sure if sideloading and then syncing had caused an issue, so I opted to factory reset my H2O. Nothing to lose there since I haven't used it since I got the One. It found an update (not surprising), currently going through the basic set up. Then I'll see what firmware it gave me, and if it's not this one I'll load this on.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #12
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I noticed the Mark 4 download slowed after the first 30MB and took about 10 minutes to complete but the Mark 3, 5 & 6 had no issues though I don't know if that is Kobo's issue or Akamai's. As for geek1011's firmware locator? What I used cycles through all the Kobo affiliates I have listed in a fashion best described as slower than molasses -- a coder I'm not. I think bestbuy.ca was the winner on this firmware but really wasn't paying attention -- Gods of Sagittarius was claiming my attention while it ran.

I used the Mark 6 5 & 4 firmware to update my various Kobos. (KA1, Aura H20, Aura HD, Aura) and all seemed happy enough.
Okay, I manage to download mark 4, it took about 8 minutes.
Any idea if it also for Mini?
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #13
MGlitch
Wizard

There's an option to disable the swipe to adjust brightness, and several beta features seem to be back. I'm not sure if Suduko, Sketch, and Unblock It were removed for everyone, but I don't recall them on the One. Note this is on my H2O, I have not yet updated my One (I wont until we have patches).

The new home screen does seem to be forced, or at least this is the newer one we have had hints about. Not sure folks will be happy with it, but if you avoid the home screen you'll have access to your collections very easily.

Last edited by MGlitch; 05-09-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #14
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've put in my Aura One (altogether with the patches that work), and I dislike the new home screen.. although this is better. I've found an incoherence between collections and authors. Both order by number of books, but authors ascending and collections descending.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #15
haidinhtuan
haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Everything seems better than previous releases. I'm testing the firmware on Aura One and until now, no problem has been found!
  • I also have the new home screen
  • Touch sensitivity is improved as other 4.x release
  • Text selection is faster
  • PIN lock on boot up is available
haidinhtuan is offline   Reply With Quote