Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #46
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Someone has tested on Glo NOT hd ?
Oh yes.. one example:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=19
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:14 PM   #47
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW,KOBO H2O
Just manually updated in my touch,feel 10 times more sensitive than before, very happy. Not only FW, but also KOBO didnt forget Touch users
Smartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2015, 10:20 PM   #48
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
With this firmware there is a mysterious new line in my Glo's configuration file: kobo_love_enabled=false
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:32 PM   #49
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
With this firmware there is a mysterious new line in my Glo's configuration file: kobo_love_enabled=false
There are some other indications in the firmware that this could be connected with a new VIP or Loyalty scheme.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:43 PM   #50
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
I just checked my Glo HD with 3.16.0 and I do not have that line. I guess Kobo doesn't love me.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2015, 11:48 PM   #51
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I just checked my Glo HD with 3.16.0 and I do not have that line. I guess Kobo doesn't love me.
Have you synced since you upgraded the firmware? It is in the [OneStoreServices] section of the config file which is related to the Kobo storefront, so it might have appeared there after a sync.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:59 PM   #52
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, syncing again just added that line to my file. Along with double shelves. Is there any way to stop Kobo from messing with shelves at all?
Old 06-14-2015, 12:06 AM   #53
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Yes, syncing again just added that line to my file. Along with double shelves. Is there any way to stop Kobo from messing with shelves at all?
I don't know, I sync a few times a week and I've never had the duplicate shelves problem, but I don't know what I am doing differently from those who have it.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:48 AM   #54
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

It happens to me everytime I sync. I wish we could figure out what you do differently!
Old 06-14-2015, 01:56 AM   #55
GeoffR
Wizard

The KEPUB reader is displaying PNG images as solid black rectangles with this firmware on my Glo. The EPUB reader displays the same images correctly though.

Edit: screenshots attached from this book, the sideloaded epub is perfect, the kepub synced from Kobo is very ugly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	epub.png
Views:	380
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	139267   Click image for larger version

Name:	kepub.png
Views:	371
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	139268  

Last edited by GeoffR; 06-14-2015 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Added screenshots
Old 06-14-2015, 02:10 AM   #56
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
The KEPUB reader is displaying PNG images as solid black rectangles with this firmware on my Glo. The EPUB reader displays the same images correctly though.
See this post and the following posts.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:03 AM   #57
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
I checked the Aura 3.12.1 of my wife this morning for an update – but she doesn’t care, she’s reading . Still, there is something I don’t understand : she’s reading epubs, with no shy hyphens, and yet the epub hyphenation is always correct, even when trailing punctuation. On my H2O, I always had theses bugs with hyphenation which annoyed me _a lot_ before I could find a workaround (though not needed anymore) and read peacefully. Could these bugs (now corrected) possibly be device related ?

Last edited by cramoisi; 06-14-2015 at 03:06 AM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:10 AM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
I checked the Aura 3.12.1 of my wife this morning for an update – but she doesn’t care, she’s reading .
As Kobo is not releasing 3.16.0 to the Aura, that isn't surprising.
Quote:
Still, there is something I don’t understand : she’s reading epubs, with no shy hyphens, and yet the epub hyphenation is always correct, even when trailing punctuation. On my H2O, I always had theses bugs with hyphenation which annoyed me _a lot_ before I could find a workaround (though not needed anymore) and read peacefully. Could these bugs (now corrected) possibly be device related ?
No, something like this is not going to be device dependent. The executables installed on each device is identical except for some device dependent stuff. It is version dependent, so if you were running a different firmware version you would see differences. It is also reading engine dependent. The kepub reader had a lot more problems with hyphenation than the epub reader. If you were seeing a lot of hyphenation errors, you were probably using the kepub reader.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:34 AM   #59
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As Kobo is not releasing 3.16.0 to the Aura, that isn't surprising.
Yup, but I was thinking she could do with a 3.15, she hasn’t synch since I bought it to her months ago ;-)

For the hyphen, that’s I was thinking but she didn’t let me check the thing thoroughly (though what I see seems correct where I was accustomed to see errors in my own H2O 3.12)

Last edited by cramoisi; 06-14-2015 at 07:51 AM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:52 PM   #60
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
It worked fine for me on my Aura, just use the KoboRoot.tgz file only and put in the .kobo dir.
I prefer to wait for a proper release dedicated to my Aura H20.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote