Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-12-2015, 07:18 PM   #31
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by npr View Post
My Aura updated and patched ok.
I used KoboRoot.tgz ONLY from the Mark6 update file.
Which Aura model?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:07 PM   #32
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by npr View Post
My Aura updated and patched ok.
I used KoboRoot.tgz ONLY from the Mark6 update file.
From looking at the content of the KoboRoot.tgz file, it would be better to use the one from the Mark 4 package for the Mark 5 devices. There are some drivers that are different in the Mark 4 and the Mark 6 packages. Looking at previous firmware, the Mark 5 has the same drivers as the Mark 4. Whether it is a real issue depends on if there were changes in the drivers. Comparing back to 3.15.0, they don't seem to have changed. So, either is should be safe.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2015, 02:45 AM   #33
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
This one is a great improvement for me, really great. Before this one, I couldn't use chapter-based page numbering with sff magazines and anthologies because kepub had broken hyphenation. It is fixed now.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:17 AM   #34
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Which Aura model?
6 inch Aura
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:24 AM   #35
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Has anybody tried this with their H2O, or just the 6" Aura?
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2015, 06:28 AM   #36
s4nder
Connoisseur
s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
It works just fine on my H2O. I used the KoboRoot.tgz file for Mark 4 hardware.
s4nder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:32 AM   #37
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Has anybody tried this with their H2O, or just the 6" Aura?
Yes,and explained how
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1305

Compared with the kepubs,the epubs are still reacting much slower on my Glo HD, ticking on a book on the frontpage I was ticking it twice more because it looks like it was unresponsive, but it really takes about 3 seconds to open an epub from frontpage or library.

Last edited by Nick_1964; 06-13-2015 at 06:35 AM.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:39 AM   #38
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW,KOBO H2O
I downloaded file and unzip it,should I copy file KoboRoot.tgz to .Kobo foler?

Last edited by Smartie; 06-13-2015 at 07:45 AM.
Smartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:23 AM   #39
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
Following davidfor's advice I've change the update used in my 6" Aura from Mark6 to Mark4.
There's no noticeable difference but I had only used it for reading, I had not tried side loading any books which I assume is when any driver mismatch would become evident.
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:53 AM   #40
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Worked well on my kobo H2O (sideloaded 3.16.0 mark 4). The two bugs in epub hyphenation i found remaining in 3.15 are gone

@Smartie : Yes you should copy it there. But only KoboRoot.tgz
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #41
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW,KOBO H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
Worked well on my kobo H2O (sideloaded 3.16.0 mark 4). The two bugs in epub hyphenation i found remaining in 3.15 are gone

@Smartie : Yes you should copy it there. But only KoboRoot.tgz
Thanks!
If i update tis time manually, can i still have OTA update for next version ?
Smartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:38 AM   #42
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
Thanks!
If i update tis time manually, can i still have OTA update for next version ?
Yes, you can.

Last edited by Nick_1964; 06-13-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:08 AM   #43
Maida
Enthusiast
Maida began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
I've just updated my H2O to 3.16 using the mark4 firmware.
Page turns in kepubs are as fast as ever, somehow slower with epubs.
Hyphenation finally works well in kepubs.
Long presses seem to work well in both epubs and kepubs.

Well done KOBO.

So far, I have no complains.
Maida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #44
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
EDIT : a bug in my head only (smbdy knows how to strike the text ?)

Last edited by cramoisi; 06-13-2015 at 07:35 PM. Reason: dumb and dumber
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:43 PM   #45
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Someone has tested on Glo NOT hd ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote