Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-11-2015, 08:39 AM   #16
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryhte View Post
Can anyone who received this update OTA state their affiliate=?

I'd like to trick my Touch into updating... thanks!
Do a manual one, it is very simple to do !!
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:50 AM   #17
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryhte View Post
Can anyone who received this update OTA state their affiliate=?

I'd like to trick my Touch into updating... thanks!
bestbuyca works.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #18
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino shine 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedaddy View Post
Yes, I've checked this, too.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I had one or the other book (epub) where hyphenation even with justified text was off (no hyphenation at all). With 3.16.0, this is ok now.
Uh, you can forget this statement. I'm quite sure that breaking hyphenation in epubs was due to a setting in the KoboTouchExtended driver. I had disabled the Extended Kobo Features but enabled Replace Content Language Code.
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:23 AM   #19
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I've sideloaded this firmware to my Glo, I haven't tested it much but these two bug fixes are very welcome:

* KEPUB hyphenation: The problem of the hyphen being misplaced when the hyphenated word has trailing punctuation seems to have been fixed (e.g. everyw-here, is now hyphenated as every-where,)

* The EPUB line spacing problem described in this post has been fixed.

My Glo now shows the Aura options in the Reading Settings for Pinch to adjust font size, and two-finger swipe to adjust brightness. They don't work of course, because it is not an Aura. (The firmware wasn't for the Glo, so I'm not complaining. :-)

Last edited by GeoffR; 06-11-2015 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Aura options
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:33 AM   #20
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Only reason I stopped buying anthologies as ebooks was kepub hypen bug (I want to see page count of the stories I read). Great news.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2015, 12:36 AM   #21
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The option to set LeanAndMean=false in the config file has been removed in this firmware, so it is not possible to avoid the menu ghosting problem that was introduced in firmware 3.15.0 (the problem didn't seem to affect the Carta devices, but it affects my Glo quite badly.)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:56 AM   #22
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The option to set LeanAndMean=false in the config file has been removed in this firmware, so it is not possible to avoid the menu ghosting problem that was introduced in firmware 3.15.0 (the problem didn't seem to affect the Carta devices, but it affects my Glo quite badly.)
Can i go back to firmware 3.13 from 3.15.0?
i don't like ghosting problem, why they did not fix it.

Last edited by oren64; 06-12-2015 at 01:12 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:30 AM   #23
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Can i go back to firmware 3.13 from 3.15.0?
i don't like ghosting problem, why they did not fix it.
Always, download the proper file from this topic: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660 and follow the instruktions (unzip the file with subdirectory in your \.kobo directory, the device will restart and you have the old firmware back, do patch it to prevent that it will update by itself again or don't use the wifi.)
All settings and books will be at the same place and NOT erased.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:36 AM   #24
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Nik_1964

I install and patch my Glo with firmware 3.13.1, no more ghosting problems.

Thanks
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:04 PM   #25
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I was expecting this to go to all the devices (except the Mini), but Kobo have stated this is only going to the Touch and the Glo HD. The Touch is still used by a lot of people and this is a catch-up release for it. The next release will probably cover the others. And no, I have no idea when.
A bit disapointed... I was hoping for an update for all Kobo devices.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #26
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
A bit disapointed... I was hoping for an update for all Kobo devices.
It worked fine for me on my Aura, just use the KoboRoot.tgz file only and put in the .kobo dir.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #27
Maida
Enthusiast
Maida began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
It worked fine for me on my Aura, just use the KoboRoot.tgz file only and put in the .kobo dir.
Which mark did you take: 4 or 6?
Maida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 03:52 PM   #28
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
My Aura updated and patched ok.
I used KoboRoot.tgz ONLY from the Mark6 update file.
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #29
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by npr View Post
My Aura updated and patched ok.
I used KoboRoot.tgz ONLY from the Mark6 update file.
Same here.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:10 PM   #30
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I would like to see a firmware update that really improves something and that is generally perceived as an improvement by a majority of users (like every Kindle update ever, except by a couple of jailbreak guys). That would be something to look forward to...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote