Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2016, 05:15 PM   #211
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Doesn't seem to apply in Canada but see Understanding Kobo's Price Match Guarantee for a full description.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:41 PM   #212
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I've been thinking through aspects of the T&C: The competitor's eBook must be identical to the one purchased from Kobo, including the same ISBN.

How does that work for ebooks purchased via Amazon when they use a different identification system?

However, I am aware from another thread that Amazon ebook price comparisons have been accepted as proof of lower pricing ......
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2016, 05:42 PM   #213
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Reading the details, I wonder how that would apply to Kindle books. Amazon publishes the list price and then the lower Kindle price, and sometimes also a much higher "elsewhere" price. Would Kobo only honour the highest listed price, even though the cheapest price is what's paid and it's not because of any of the verboten items they list?
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:45 PM   #214
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Reading the details, I wonder how that would apply to Kindle books. Amazon publishes the list price and then the lower Kindle price, and sometimes also a much higher "elsewhere" price. Would Kobo only honour the highest listed price, even though the cheapest price is what's paid and it's not because of any of the verboten items they list?
Yes, my understanding from those who reported as having successfully used this promo (Discounts thread) have said that Kobo honoured the price match of the price that they would have been charged at the Amazon register so to speak.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:17 PM   #215
BrodieKobo
Enthusiast
BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrodieKobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Aura One, iOS, Android
Hi jgoguen -

Kobo will price match the selling price (termed "Kindle Price" on Amazon) of the Kindle eBook, plus credit an additional 10% of the selling price paid on Kobo. If you or someone else has used the price match we'd love to get your feedback and comments on your experience.

@PeterT - We haven't forgotten about Canada, so hold tight
BrodieKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2016, 10:50 PM   #216
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieKobo View Post
Hi jgoguen -

Kobo will price match the selling price (termed "Kindle Price" on Amazon) of the Kindle eBook, plus credit an additional 10% of the selling price paid on Kobo. If you or someone else has used the price match we'd love to get your feedback and comments on your experience.

This would be nice. I rather buy books from Kobo, but they're cheaper on Amazon sometimes.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:35 AM   #217
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Hi jgoguen -

I actually had my Kobo Store account deleted a while back, agents were rather disrespectful to me when I asked about price matching when literally every book I'd bought in a long time was cheaper, by double-digit percentages (over 50% in a couple cases), at Amazon US compared to Kobo US. Price matching has never been a problem with Amazon, all they've cared is that it's the same author and title, and they'll sync my personal books and the reading location within the book. And they do library loans. I'm not setting up a new Kobo Store account just because of price matching, but if Kobo will ever implement Amazon-quality personal ePub syncing that uses the ACCESS renderer (not that god-awful RMSDK nonsense) let me know and I may consider it. That's my killer feature with Kindle, enough that I'll use it even though Kobo has better hardware, series metadata, and (as long as I use my calibre plugin to send KePub files and force the device to use the ACCESS renderer) better-looking rendered pages.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:03 AM   #218
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Quote:
Happy to hear this. While Agency generally means that prices are universal across Canadian e-book retailers, there are exceptions.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #219
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I've been thinking through aspects of the T&C: The competitor's eBook must be identical to the one purchased from Kobo, including the same ISBN.

How does that work for ebooks purchased via Amazon when they use a different identification system?

However, I am aware from another thread that Amazon ebook price comparisons have been accepted as proof of lower pricing ......
Google Play Books is a good place to check prices.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-04-2016 at 08:24 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #220
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
The luzme.com site is still pretty good for comparing prices.
chrisridd is online now   Reply With Quote