Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-10-2014, 10:38 PM   #1
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Exclamation How to create folders when sending to a device?

I really don't know how to put a title to this without it being a novel.

But here's my dilemma.

I'm using my phone as a back-up reader but every time I send books there, they're all under the specified folder. Not like when I'm sending books to my Kobo where the books are put under different folders by author.

Is there a possible way to do this? I clicked configure this device and it doesn't give me the option to include a folder, just how the file is supposed to be named. I guess the question is: is it possible to automatically create folders by author when sending books to my phone. (It is set to MTP btw)

And I really don't know how to start looking for answers. I hope someone out there can understand what I want to do.

update: never mind. I found out how to do it. I noticed there's no {author_sort}/ in the save template...

Last edited by hleo12; 12-10-2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: I found out how to do it
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
{series}/{series_index}-{title}

slash is the 'create a folder' (from Series) mark in a template.

The (Send to Device or Save to Disk) Template forms has tips
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #3
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I chose to use the author sort to make things easier to find... Btw, do you know how to include the series name and number on the file name? I tried {author_sort}/{author}-{title}-{series} but all it does is put the name of the series? Am I supposed to put {series_index} instead?
Old 12-11-2014, 09:54 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
I chose to use the author sort to make things easier to find... Btw, do you know how to include the series name and number on the file name? I tried {author_sort}/{authors}-{title}-{series} but all it does is put the name of the series? Am I supposed to put {series_index} instead?
series_index is the Number part

If you want books to appear in order, the index must be in front (and padded with a leading 0 if over 9 books) in a file list. Alpha Sort rules: Numbers then Uppercase:then lowercase. All Left to right priority

If you start with Author, what happens if your series has multiple Authors?

BTW it is authors (or author_sort)
Old 12-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #5
hleo12
Guru

I haven't really thought about that since in my Kobo I get the series info under the title. Same as Moon+ Reader. I only want the series number to be part of the fie name because in Mobi Comic Reader, there's no storing of metadata. So I have to go by file name. And while we're on the topic, how do I insert 0 padding? Also is it possible to have it sorted by authors, but the file name starts with the series?
Advert
Old 12-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
I haven't really thought about that since in my Kobo I get the series info under the title. Same as Moon+ Reader. I only want the series number to be part of the fie name because in Mobi Comic Reader, there's no storing of metadata. So I have to go by file name. And while we're on the topic, how do I insert 0 padding? Also is it possible to have it sorted by authors, but the file name starts with the series?
Have you read the notes on the Template entry screen? the example is there.

I have no idea what the Kobo uses for bookshelf (my device only uses file names). There is a excellent plugin that offers extended features over the basic file transfer