Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Keep ya eyes open... 3.1.0

Watch for the release of 3.1.0 (d1b2f00933).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Any hints as to what we will see?
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Boy, that was quick!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
They're coming fast and furious, aren't they?
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Known changes

Here are the changes that I know of. There might be more. I don't know what differences there are between devices.
  • Library settings has "Book management" settings.
    • Allows to remove download books, previews or "imported" books
    • And Pocket article management has been moved here.
    • Includes counts of books and total sizes.
  • "Pocket" settings page has been removed.
  • Menu on "Reading Stats" and "Awards" now has "Dictionary".
  • Disabling the info panel now works for both sleep and power off.

Fixed bugs:
  • Light level not being set to 0%.
  • Font changing when reading an epub on the SD card and the device has been to sleep while reading.
  • In-margin page numbers displayed when reading an epub on the SD card after the device has been to sleep while reading.
  • Doesn't go back to sleep after about a minute if the screen isn't touched.

The above is from my notes with the beta firmware versions and a quick check with the released firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Firmware 3.1.0 and calibre

Kobo announced this firmware on the beta list just late enough that I couldn't update the supported firmware version. But, I have since tested it and it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware version" option in the calibre driver. The supported version will be updated for the next calibre release.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:04 AM   #7
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
Davidfor, any idea if they fixed the line spacing in Kobo Nickel?
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:29 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, there are no changes to Kobo Nickel.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:35 AM   #9
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Waiting for you guys to post the download links...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, there are no changes to Kobo Nickel.

A noooob question. What's Nickel? I've seen it a lot of times mentioned but I haven't found any "clear" explanation. I suppose it is the internal technical name of the kepub/ACCESS renderer, but that's just a wild guess... Am I right, nevertheless?
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:38 AM   #10
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Kobo Nickel is a font :-)
Old 11-30-2013, 02:43 AM   #11
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
Kobo Nickel is a font :-)
Yes, it's a font (I knew it) but it is also something else...

I don't think davidfor has answered you about an updated font...

Last edited by arspr; 11-30-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #12
sysKin
Connoisseur
sysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Aura HD, after a train ate my Glo
Nickel is the name of the program that starts when Kobo starts. Everything you see after the boot is Nickel.
sysKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:27 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
Yes, it's a font (I knew it) but it is also something else...

I don't think davidfor has answered you about an updated font...
No, I was talking about the font. There has been a line spacing issue with the font in recent firmware, so that was how I answered. Plus I can't think of anything else that would be referred to as "Kobo Nickel". The software side of it would just be "nickel".
Old 11-30-2013, 03:57 AM   #14
arspr
Dead account. Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, I was talking about the font. There has been a line spacing issue with the font in recent firmware, so that was how I answered. Plus I can't think of anything else that would be referred to as "Kobo Nickel". The software side of it would just be "nickel".
I was fully wrong then.

Last edited by arspr; 11-30-2013 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:51 AM   #15
Joques
Addict

Arspr, don't worry. It happens to the best of us