Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
yegon
Connoisseur
yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Managed to turn a page by blowing air from mouth today, heh.

Disclaimer - very hard to recreate!

I was reading on the train and a fly landed on my screen. I blew it off and, voila, page flip! Unfortunately, it was a backward page turn and I hadn't finished reading the current page.

Still, future PRS+ feature?

(Yes, I know, the 650 would need a microphone)
yegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
That wasn't your blow, I presume. It was the fly.

Turning pages is possible, according my observation, through:

- flyes, ants, ..., crawling or sometimes with resting on the screen
- needles or similiar tiny things falling onto the screen
- grass whiping with just one tip just for one moment over the screen
- snowflakes falling onto the screen
- blowing onto the screen and spitting a very tiny troplet ;-)
- blowing onto the screen without spitting but in very cold air

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
yegon
Connoisseur
yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Good grief. Yes, I'm aware of that.
yegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post

Turning pages is possible, according my observation, through:

- flyes, ants, ..., crawling or sometimes with resting on the screen
- needles or similiar tiny things falling onto the screen
- grass whiping with just one tip just for one moment over the screen
- snowflakes falling onto the screen
- blowing onto the screen and spitting a very tiny troplet ;-)
- blowing onto the screen without spitting but in very cold air
...accidentally brushing long hair or ear rings against the screen works too.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
In case you weren't aware, the newest PRS+ firmware lets you turn off the touchscreen and turn pages with the buttons only. Very handy if you're reading outdoors and getting annoyed by little insects like that too often.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
In case you weren't aware, the newest PRS+ firmware lets you turn off the touchscreen and turn pages with the buttons only. Very handy if you're reading outdoors and getting annoyed by little insects like that too often.
Right, and working quite well.

But even with deaktivated touchscreen it is possible turn pages over accidentally :

1) Switch off the touchscreen with PRS+
2) swipe from the middle of the screen to one edge and stay with the finger for several seconds.
3) pages will turn over very fast!

Try it!

A.

Last edited by Analogus; 10-03-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #7
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
It's supposed to do that, that's a normal Sony firmware function and I'm glad PRS+ only turns off the single page flips but still lets you scan ahead or back multiple pages at a time via the touchscreen. The touchscreen also still works for menu selections as well, it doesn't shut it off entirely.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
My 950 does this all the time. It's very irritating. It will do it if I just move my hand over it as well.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #9
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
My kitty likes turning pages for me. Unfortunately not when I want to though.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #10
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
My kitty likes turning pages for me. Unfortunately not when I want to though.

Mine too! She has learned that stepping on the screen when the 950 is laying on the bed in front of me while I read is a top-class felony though.... she actually stops, looks at me, then carefully walks around it now.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #11
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post

Mine too! She has learned that stepping on the screen when the 950 is laying on the bed in front of me while I read is a top-class felony though.... she actually stops, looks at me, then carefully walks around it now.
I don't think I ould get mine to do that. She walks all over everything including me, the remote, anything that's in her way. What I really have to worry about is her jumping on it. If I am laying on the couch and she is on top of the couch she jumps right on my stomach.

My other kitty won't even step on me though - he jumps over.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #12
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
She walks all over everything including me, the remote, anything that's in her way.
Such a cat thing to do... They still remember that they used to be worshiped as gods back in Egypt, you know.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #13
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Such a cat thing to do... They still remember that they used to be worshiped as gods back in Egypt, you know.
What do you mean used to be worshiped. She thinks she's still worshiped. And she's right.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #14
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Insects to it so damn well!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote