Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #46
Naeleah
Naeleah began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch Lilac
CazMar, as Kobo is a Borders thing, unless there is a Borders store near you that has them in stock, or they are in stock on the Borders Aus website, i don't believe you can get them here anymore.
Both Borders and Angus and Robertson have gone into Liquidation in Australia. I understand there may be some stores still open but that probably won't last long, as with each passing day, more stores are closing.
When i was looking for mine, there were a few people selling them on ebay, but the older versions were more expensive than buying the Touch from Borders.com, and shipping it here.

Last edited by Naeleah; 07-14-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Naeleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #47
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naeleah View Post
TedJ, haven't seen you on here in a bit, which is probably caused by one of two things.

1) You're heaps busy and just haven't been on the computer

oooorrrrr

2) You finally got your Kobo and its just that great that you don't have time for anything else

I am really really hoping its the latter lol.

Have you got yours yet? I am still waiting, and its now become annoying. Its been 17 days since mine was shipped. That's what, about 24 days since yours was?

Hopefully they aren't too far away.
I wish.

24 days now with no sign of it arriving. I've noted that several other Australian purchasers had their KT's shipped via Europe which really bogged things down, but I am beginning to be quite concerned. I have, however, been receiving a steady influx of Borders advertising via email including a request for me to log into their site and review my recent purchase.

I may take them up on the offer.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #48
Naeleah

Oh Man. That sux!! I was certain you would have had yours now.

Now that i know you haven't received yours, it makes me even more concerned.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #49
thdurrant
thdurrant began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I think mine shipped the day before TedJ, nothing yet...
thdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:58 AM   #50
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJ View Post
I wish.

24 days now with no sign of it arriving. I've noted that several other Australian purchasers had their KT's shipped via Europe which really bogged things down, but I am beginning to be quite concerned. I have, however, been receiving a steady influx of Borders advertising via email including a request for me to log into their site and review my recent purchase.

I may take them up on the offer.
Over 3 weeks - it will be interesting to see the postmark trail on the package when it finally does arrive
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 01:45 AM   #51
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Over 3 weeks - it will be interesting to see the postmark trail on the package when it finally does arrive
Also not cool considering he ordered 6 days earlier than me

3 weeks on Monday for myself. Not cool when a few books I'm inching to read just got released, was really hoping to have it by now.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:20 AM   #52
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
It's only 10 days since mine shipped. I was hoping to have it by the beginning of August as I'm going away for a few days... but maybe not. Looks like my KO has one more little holiday before it's retirement.

Interestingly I have just discovered that my company has a lot of stuff shipped from the US and when we select the cheapest shipping option it sometimes comes via Germany!
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:46 AM   #53
Manno03
Manno03 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch ( if I could order one)
So an update on my saga to purchase a couple of kobo touches for the family. Borders austraila - has no idea when they will get the touches or the price!!! Hmm! Borders - US - will not ship them (electronic devices) to Australia anymore. This is same as Chapter Indigo. I did notice that some enterprising people have them on ebay (us) and are willing to ship to AU. Although the price is aound $150AU plus upto $40AU for shipping. So just by chance, I had mate going to Hawaii this week and he has just purchased a couple from a borders express store for me. Roll on the 25th July!
Like CazMar i signed up to borders.com and I am receiving lots of lovely propaganda!
Does anyone have an opinion on which covers ( book like\ slip etc..) are better\worse?
Manno03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #54
Naeleah

There is a site called Hop Shop Go that ships stuff to Australia if a US company won't. It works through Paypal and when you sign up, it gives you a US address to use. Then, Hop Shop Go ships it to you at a small fee. I'm not sure how much as I haven't used it, but it might help others if Borders have stopped shipping to here.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #55
wyldtanooz
wyldtanooz began at the beginning.

Device: None
So... what's the general consensus on ordering from Borders? Has everyone's shipments arrived safe and sound?

Really interested in the Kobo Touch, and while I'm apprehensive about not being able to buy it from a bricks and mortar store here in Aus... it seems like an awesome little device!
wyldtanooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #56
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Kobo have advised Australian buyers can use the NZ Whitcoulls, (but they don't have a full range). However I have since heard that we will very soon be able to buy Kobos in Australia again from another distributor.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:21 PM   #57
dafrizz
Ultimate Player
dafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo 1, Kobo Touch
Hm, I'm wondering if Borders and Chapter Indigo have stopped selling/shipping the Kobo Touch to Australia because they have been told to by Kobo.
Imminent launch of Kobo Touch in Australia (and elsewhere overseas, e.g. Germany as announced last week) ? Kobo not wanting to spoil the market/prices with cheap imports from the US ?
dafrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #58
wyldtanooz
wyldtanooz began at the beginning.

Device: None
I just ordered one from Borders... no error message or anything came up and I triple checked my address. So I guess they're shipping to Aus again?
wyldtanooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #59
Naeleah

TedJ, an update. My cousin ordered her Kobo Touch the same day as me and they both shipped on the 28th June.
She just rang me and told me she just got hers, but i still havent gotten mine
Hopefully they arent too far away for us.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:33 AM   #60
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Naeleah Ted just wrote on another thread that he received his Kobo today. I hope your get yours soon.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, kobo touch