Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #16
Naeleah
Naeleah began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch Lilac
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablejim View Post
Sorry, no tracking number. (I take it you are in Australia, since you posted in this thread)

See this thread for more info.

If you are in Australia, I will add you to my table tracking the progress of orders to Australia and New Zealand

Mine was shipped on the 28th. Hopefully it won't take too long to get to Canberra.
Naeleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #17
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naeleah View Post
Mine was shipped on the 28th.
Exactly a week after mine. Based on deliveries to AU and NZ that have been completed, I'm hoping to receive mine either today or tomorrow.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 02:14 AM   #18
TBBle
TBBle began at the beginning.

Quote:
Sorry, no tracking number.
Aww. I had hoped I'd get a tracking number tomorrow, being the next business day. -_-

Quote:
If you are in Australia, I will add you to my table tracking the progress of orders to Australia and New Zealand
Sure. I'm in Canberra, since I note that you're tracking by city.
TBBle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #19
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Looking at the table there still seems to be a lot of people waiting. I have ordered other items from USA in this time period and they are now here in Australia, this was what gave me some concern. There have been some industrial disputes in the postal service in Canada which may have caused delays - does anyone know if that is still an ongoing problem?
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #20
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

International orders from Borders are essentially shipped via air mail and there have been some disruptions to air traffic the last week or two due to ongoing issues related to the volcanic eruption in Chile.

The postal dispute in Canada shouldn't be a concern, as most people here appear to have ordered from Borders rather than Chapters Indigo... although the all white model does look sweet.
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 04:59 AM   #21
Naeleah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJ View Post
Exactly a week after mine. Based on deliveries to AU and NZ that have been completed, I'm hoping to receive mine either today or tomorrow.
TedJ, did yours turn up yet?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #22
TedJ
Groupie

Not yet, sad to say.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #23
know-one
Connoisseur
know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kOBO
Sorry - I didn't read the whole thread but from the title I figure it had to do with the product being scarce.
I read another thread a while ago that Kobo was low in the states or something alike.
Here, Canada, I waited 2 weeks after they were out at Best Buys and I easily got one, with the color I wanted.
Don't know why in some places it's tougher than others for stores to keep a sufficient inventory?
know-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #24
TedJ
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by know-one View Post
Sorry - I didn't read the whole thread but from the title I figure it had to do with the product being scarce
No, it's got to do with the Kobo Touch not being sold in Australia. This thread covers the various import options.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:18 AM   #25
Naeleah

TedJ, anything?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:03 AM   #26
TedJ
Groupie

Not yet, Naeleah. A guy over on Whirlpool has got his after 19 days and it has Deutsche postal markings on it.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...7342&p=38#r747
Old 07-07-2011, 03:24 AM   #27
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyvros View Post
Indigo in Canada exclusively stocks the white one with a white back, and it is sexy as hell. So there are five colour choices in total. Although it's 10 dollars more expensive, Indigo definitely says they accept orders from overseas.

Give me a month and I'm getting the white/white one, with the ladywoman getting the black/black, as has been custom for our past Kobos.
Can you post when you get it and what you think? I'd like a white one too. Would have to persuade DH that a third ereader is necessary though.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:47 AM   #28
TedJ
Groupie

Amen to that. I would have bought the all white model if I knew Indigo had it.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #29
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Ted I really hope your Touch arrives soon. That's incredible to think that a Kobo from the US came to Australia via Germany! No wonder they are taking weeks.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #30
Shankill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Can you post when you get it and what you think? I'd like a white one too. Would have to persuade DH that a third ereader is necessary though.
Just in the middle of moving house, so it's not likely anytime soon. That said, my Kobo Wifi is malfunctioning and may have to get sent back, so now may be as good a time as any.

After I've finished throwing money all over this move, that is.

Tags
australia, kobo touch