Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
portablejim
Enthusiast
portablejim has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch Black
Question Best way to get Kobo touch in Australia?

I am hoping to get a Kobo Touch, however I am fearful it may not come to a brick-and-mortar store near me (to try it out, etc.), as Angus and Robertson are in voluntary administration and don't have it.

Should I hope for it to come soon, or buy online (US$130 from borders) with shipping (which is US$9)?
portablejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
JBlyth
Connoisseur
JBlyth doesn't litterJBlyth doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch, Ipaq 214, HTC WildFire Android
I ordered one from Borders.com on Saturday, and it was dispatched today.

Borders Australia still has no mention of the KT - which sucks!
JBlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I'm in New Zealand and I did the same as JBlyth - no hassle at all, no freight forwarder needed, they ship direct to NZ. And shipping was only $8.98. Mine was dispatched yesterday
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
portablejim
Enthusiast

Have now ordered one through borders. waiting for it to ship.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
Naeleah
Naeleah began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch Lilac
Hi
I ordered a Kobo Touch from Borders.com on Sunday.
The status of my order is still reading as "In Process".
I called the customer care number to ask when it was likely to be shipped (as i read from some of you that it literally took overnight) and the woman i spoke to said that i needed a billing address that in the US, not Australia.
Now, call me dumb, but that doesn't make much sense to me, especially if they ship to Australia.
Did anyone have issues of this sort?
Thanks.
Naeleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
Naeleah
Naeleah began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch Lilac
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablejim View Post
Have now ordered one through borders. waiting for it to ship.
Has yours been shippied yet?
Naeleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:08 PM   #7
portablejim
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naeleah View Post
Has yours been shippied yet?
Shipped on the 17th (16th in the US)
Still has not arrived
Old 06-27-2011, 11:51 PM   #8
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Mine was shipped on the 13th and still not here (although I am in New Zealand not Aus).
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #9
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Hmmmm I'm seriously thinking about ordering one but it's a little disturbing that no one has actually received one yet!

Luckily I can't decide what colour to get - I have the original Kobo in black because when I compared the black and white the contrast on the pages (ie the bit I REALLY care about) was better with the black surround - optical illusions and all that.
But now the new ones are soooooo pretty - I feel like a 15 year old girl and just can't decide whether I want the beautiful blue one or the lovely lilac or maybe even the sparkly silver or whether I should stick with boring black.

I'm really wanting faster page turns and better PDF readability but I'm just stuck on the colour issue ....
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:07 AM   #10
Shankill
Nameless Being

Indigo in Canada exclusively stocks the white one with a white back, and it is sexy as hell. So there are five colour choices in total. Although it's 10 dollars more expensive, Indigo definitely says they accept orders from overseas.

Give me a month and I'm getting the white/white one, with the ladywoman getting the black/black, as has been custom for our past Kobos.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
dafrizz
Ultimate Player
dafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo 1, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
Hmmmm I'm seriously thinking about ordering one but it's a little disturbing that no one has actually received one yet!
A colleague of mine ordered the wifi version when it dropped to $99. Took a little over one week to get here.

Having said that my touch order was supposedly shipped 13th June and still hasn't arrived.

My guess this is due to a combination of Borders being overwhelmed with orders and volcanic ash causing issues with flights.

All we can do is wait, still well within the 7-21 business days they mention for international orders.
dafrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #12
TBBle
TBBle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I saw this thread but was a little worried, but I ordered a black Kobo Touch from Borders.com on Friday evening (AEST) and got an email from them on Saturday afternoon (Friday evening their time, I guess?) saying it was on its way.

I should get a tracking number today, apparently, and now I just have to wait eagerly.
TBBle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #13
portablejim
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBBle View Post
I saw this thread but was a little worried, but I ordered a black Kobo Touch from Borders.com on Friday evening (AEST) and got an email from them on Saturday afternoon (Friday evening their time, I guess?) saying it was on its way.

I should get a tracking number today, apparently, and now I just have to wait eagerly.
Sorry, no tracking number. (I take it you are in Australia, since you posted in this thread)

See this thread for more info.

If you are in Australia, I will add you to my table tracking the progress of orders to Australia and New Zealand
Old 07-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #14
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
I have asked much the same question in another thread. I have now emailed Kobo and Borders USA to clarify the ordering policies. Whether I get an answer is probably anyone's guess! We'll just have to hope that someone from Kobo reads these posts and starts some action for all us poor "southerners"! Yes - we want to buy Kobos!!!
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #15
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
What can we say? Borders in the US and Chapters Indigo in Canada will definitely ship to customers in Australia. We have several people in Australia and New Zealand who have already received their Kobo Touch and are happily reading them.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, kobo touch