Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-26-2022, 03:04 PM   #1
codefusion
codefusion began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Possible to export each chapter to individual files?

Greetings all,

Is there anyway to export chapters to individual .txt or .doc files automatically?
I see there is a way to convert the book for .txt or .doc etc.. but I'm needing to extract each chapter to a file for a project I'm working on.

My input format is .mobi

Thank you for any thoughts or ideas
codefusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 04:49 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by codefusion View Post
Greetings all,

Is there anyway to export chapters to individual .txt or .doc files automatically?
I see there is a way to convert the book for .txt or .doc etc.. but I'm needing to extract each chapter to a file for a project I'm working on.

My input format is .mobi
As far as I recall, exporting to .txt or .docx and then splitting the file in your work processor is likely to be the easiest method. You could convert the mobi to epub and then split the epub using the epubsplit plugin and then converting the mass of epubs produced to .docx but since you have to manually select the split points in either case, the first method is likely to be easier.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 06:23 PM   #3
codefusion
codefusion began at the beginning.

Thank you, I forgot to mention I'm needing to extract hundreds of chapters into separate files.

I don't know of a way to automate that in a word processor. If there is a way I'd be open to it or if there are any other ways to do this.
codefusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 09:33 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Greetings all,

My input format is .mobi

Thank you for any thoughts or ideas
Quote:
Thank you, I forgot to mention I'm needing to extract hundreds of chapters into separate files.
I would convert to .txt and use a command line text editing tool(s), which can be incorporated into a script.

Best Text Editors for Linux Command Line

Some of those (e.g Vim and Emacs) are available on Windows.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-26-2022 at 09:58 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 09:49 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
IF it was HTML you could deal with:
Simply create an EPUB with chapter per file split
Then use the Unpack tool (at the library level) All the pieces are there. Be sure to have named the section files to know the order
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chapters, convert, export, export chapters to files, files