Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you buy one of the new Kobos?
I bought one of the new Kobos 92 43.40%
I bought both of the new Kobos 10 4.72%
I haven't bought yet, but I'm planning to 16 7.55%
I might buy, but I'm not sure yet 21 9.91%
I'm waiting for the price to drop 8 3.77%
There's something I don't like about them, so probably no 13 6.13%
I'm not interested in them 7 3.30%
My current readers are fine, so no 51 24.06%
I bought one, but returned it, because it was defective 1 0.47%
I bought one, but returned it, because I didn't like it 3 1.42%
I prefer another brand of ereaders 4 1.89%
I don't use eink 0 0%
The blue one next to the fish 6 2.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2022, 09:36 AM   #241
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
I've bought the Sage to replace the Forma I bought 5 months earlier, and never got a loving feeling for.

The Forma was, to me, much like my 5 year old KA1, but added the page-buttons. Those were fine, but the on/off/sleep-button ruined the experience for me. What an annoying button that is. Most of the times I had to push it more than once to work.

I sold the Forma, and bought me a Sage. Buttons all fine, faster. The reduced battery life (which still is good enough) is the only thing that is worse on the device to me.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 04:59 AM   #242
Odyssee
Connoisseur
Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kindle Basic 11
I have a Forma for more than 3 years now and it still works fine. I really love it. However because it has to be replaced in a not so far future, I started thinking about a replacement. I considered to buy another Forma as an backup because I really love the Forma. But I was also curious about the new Sage so I bought that one instead. I don't have usage for note taking but an 8 inch screen is a must. I had read about the poor battery life but since I only use the device for e-reading I thought I could cope with that.
Now after a few weeks using the Sage I must confess that I am disappointed. The battery really sucks. I have to recharge every 5 or 6 days. With my Forma that was on average every 15 or 20 days. The Sage is significantly heavier. The page buttons are not very responsive. Frequently I have to press 2 or more times to move the page. All in all I wish I had bought a new Forma instead. Maybe I will yet.
Odyssee is offline   Reply With Quote