Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-30-2020, 01:44 PM   #1
stonics
stonics began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (4th gen)
FileNotFound error

Hello,
I am completely new to all this. I just got my Kindle paperwhite 4th gen yesterday and was very excited to start putting old ebooks of mine on it, I was following a tutorial online to convert books for the kindle.
Everything went really well yesterday and I managed to get my books on the kindle, but that's when I noticed that my covers weren't of the same height. So I got on Calibre and stated to download the covers via the "Download cover" button, then right click on the cover that I needed then "View cover at full size" and then "Save as". That worked really well yesterday, I managed to download covers, resize them and then upload them again.
But after updating to the new Calibre this morning I got this error message (I get the error when I try to save the cover generated by Calibre on my pc):

calibre, version 5.4.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>FileNotFoundError</b>:[WinError 2] Le fichier spécifié est introuvable: 'C:\\Users\\stoni\\Downloads\\ooo.png'

calibre 5.4.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\image_popup.py", line 129, in save_image
File "calibre\gui2\win_file_dialogs.py", line 296, in choose_save_file
File "calibre\gui2\win_file_dialogs.py", line 232, in run_file_dialog
File "calibre\gui2\win_file_dialogs.py", line 230, in fix_path
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] Le fichier spécifié est introuvable: 'C:\\Users\\stoni\\Downloads\\ooo.png'

Is it because of updating? Or did I do something wrong? I first had my files on the cloud, but I read on forums that that wasn't good so I moved everything, but still had the same issue. I then uninstalled Calibre and deleted all possible files that had to do with it (via %appdata% etc.). And then redownload but I still have the same error message.
I have no books on Calibre right now, and I'd like to have no issues before I really start putting books on it, else it'd have other effects.
Sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong thread or if this has been adressed before, just spent the whole afternoon looking online but finding nothing so this is a last resort aha.
Thanks in advance for any help xx

Last edited by stonics; 10-30-2020 at 01:48 PM.
stonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
did you clean your downloads folder?
But that error also makes me think that you did not really complete the Add after selecting.
I am assuming you were using the Metadata Editor to do this.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:56 PM   #3
stonics

Sorry but I am so clueless, how do you mean Add after selecting?
Yes I was doing all this in the metadata editor, but also have the same issue if I just go on the homepage select a book then right-click on the book cover displayed in the right window and select "Save cover to disk".
And how do you mean clean the downloads folder? Am willing to try anything but don't know how lol
Old 10-30-2020, 03:29 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonics View Post
Sorry but I am so clueless, how do you mean Add after selecting?
Yes I was doing all this in the metadata editor, but also have the same issue if I just go on the homepage select a book then right-click on the book cover displayed in the right window and select "Save cover to disk".
And how do you mean clean the downloads folder? Am willing to try anything but don't know how lol
Not DO clean the folder. That message said it was GONE (as in moved away or deleted) OH! Save to disk from details DOES FAIL
Spoiler:
calibre, version 5.4.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>FileNotFoundError</b>:[WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified: "C:\\Users\\thedu\\Wolf's Bane.jpg"

calibre 5.4.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 35, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 35, 0) && APNX Generator (1, 1, 0) && Count Pages (1, 10, 1) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 7) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 0, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 2, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 3) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 25) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Import List (1, 5, 1) && Job Spy (1, 0, 187) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 35, 0) && KFX Input (1, 35, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 45, 0) && KFX Output (1, 45, 0) && KePub Input (3, 2, 10) && KePub Output (3, 4, 1) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 9) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 1) && LanguageTool (0, 1, 1) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 1) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 85) && Open With (1, 5, 13) && Quality Check (1, 10, 1) && Resize Cover (1, 1, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 0) && Smashwords Metadata (1, 0, 2) && Sort CSS (0, 2, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 504, in save_cover
File "calibre\gui2\win_file_dialogs.py", line 296, in choose_save_file
File "calibre\gui2\win_file_dialogs.py", line 232, in run_file_dialog
File "calibre\gui2\win_file_dialogs.py", line 230, in fix_path
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified: "C:\\Users\\thedu\\Wolf's Bane.jpg"

Which is odd, since I am trying to CREATE that copy
Old 10-30-2020, 04:00 PM   #5
stonics

Are you having the same issue?
Old 10-30-2020, 06:46 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonics View Post
Are you having the same issue?
Confirmed, when from DETAILS. Or View Full size.
5.4.1 Win x64
Old 10-30-2020, 07:03 PM   #7
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Confirmed, when from DETAILS. Or View Full size.
5.4.1 Win x64
Update to version 5.4.2 I can not duplicate.

Quote:
Version 5.4.2 fixes bugs in 5.4.0 that prevented calibre from starting on macOS and from choosing save file names on Windows.
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:01 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Update to version 5.4.2 I can not duplicate.

Quote:
Version 5.4.2 fixes bugs in 5.4.0 that prevented calibre from starting on macOS and from choosing save file names on Windows.
bernie
When did calibre ever allow you choose a save file name.

I thought it allowed a folder to be selected and then saved the file named in accordance with the Save to Disk template.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:07 PM   #9
stonics

Thank you both!! Updated and no problems now
Old 10-30-2020, 09:38 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
When did calibre ever allow you choose a save file name.

I thought it allowed a folder to be selected and then saved the file named in accordance with the Save to Disk template.

BR
It was pre filled in. But being able to change it seems like a good plan.
Case: you export (archive?) multiple versions of a cover because Calibre only allow 1
Old 10-31-2020, 05:06 AM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Aaah - covers, I only save format files.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, calibre help, covers, filenotfounderror, kindle paperwhite 4