Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #211
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
The sleep bug is gone (thank goodness!) but the multiplying shelves problem is back. They fix one thing and break another.
The release did not break the shelves or cause the duplication of them. This issue was caused by a non related change within the Kobo infrastructure.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #212
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The release did not break the shelves or cause the duplication of them. This issue was caused by a non related change within the Kobo infrastructure.
Whatever caused it I had synced the day before...no extra shelves. Went to quick grab a book I bought, it downloaded the update, and wham! More shelves than I had before I finally got rid of them. Since they weren't there BEFORE the update and they were there immediately AFTER the update, I'm sure you can see why I thought the update caused it. The timing is pretty suspicious.

Oh, well. Lesson learned. From now on I use Calibre to get my books on. No more syncing on any of my Kobos.

Side note added: just got off the phone with Kobo support (unrelated issue, a book I bought Nov. 30 still is not in my library after three phone calls and three promises to issue a refund or provide the book) and mentioned the shelf issue. The tech told me I have too many books (892) and I should delete all but five or ten from my library. Not my Kobo, but my library. Seriously. He said deleting my books would help me "manage my library". I suppose it would.

Last edited by selina4books; 12-13-2013 at 08:32 PM.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #213
Angemon
Enthusiast
Angemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kindle DX
Son of a *****! I usually get the updates 4 weeks after release, hence why i started to side load them, i hadn't even got 2.10 yet. I put my Aura HD down last Wednesday. Picked it up again today and i was greeted with a tile on the home screen saying "What's new in 3.1.1?" (i tapped the tile and the changelog said "New in 2.10", but the device info states 3.1.1 761bo66420, 11/12/13). No beyond the book yet though .

Last edited by Angemon; 12-13-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Angemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #214
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
...Page turning is less erratic, but hops around (usually backwards when paging forwards) every so often by 10 pages.

Helen
I'm glad I don't have this one. Yet anyway.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #215
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
Son of a *****! I usually get the updates 4 weeks after release, hence why i started to side load them, i hadn't even got 2.10 yet. I put my Aura HD down last Wednesday. Picked it up again today and i was greeted with a tile on the home screen saying "What's new in 3.1.1?" (i tapped the tile and the changelog said "New in 2.10", but the device info states 3.1.1 761bo66420, 11/12/13). No beyond the book yet though .
Kobo has a wee bit of an issue bothering to update their changelog notes, so the "proper" update will show 2.10 notes in the "What's new in 3.1.1" -- if you device info says you have 3.1.1 it did update properly.
Beyond the book is very hit and miss in terms of what books actually have it. I've only seen it in one so far (Dune omnibus), so it's probably there in the firmware for you but you haven't stumbled across a book with it yet.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #216
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Beyond the book is very hit and miss in terms of what books actually have it. I've only seen it in one so far (Dune omnibus), so it's probably there in the firmware for you but you haven't stumbled across a book with it yet.
And it is only on purchased kepubs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #217
Angemon
Enthusiast
Angemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And it is only on purchased kepubs.
Yeah, i expected that. Most of my kobo bought books are in Portuguese, but damn it, not even Game of Thrones...

Last edited by Angemon; 12-15-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Angemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #218
Marc66
Marc66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Question about 3.1.1 (Aura HD)

Hello everyone,

I've downloaded a few books (Kobo epub) prior to the 3.1.1 update. How can I use the 'Beyond the book' new feature? I only see the icon for purchased book after the update.

Delete from Kobo Library and re download?

Thanks,

Marc
Marc66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #219
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc66 View Post
I've downloaded a few books (Kobo epub) prior to the 3.1.1 update. How can I use the 'Beyond the book' new feature? I only see the icon for purchased book after the update.

Delete from Kobo Library and re download?
"Beyond the book" only works for purchased kepubs. And it only works for books that Kobo has added some information to. Of the 60+ books I have bought, I think only three so far have it. It's possible that redownloading some of them might add it if Kobo has added the info since the last download.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #220
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Starting with firmware 3.1.0/3.1.1 every time I synced a "Get started: Add a book ..." tile would appear on my homescreen. I assumed it was one of those first-time-experience tiles that are supposed to go away once you have used them once, and it was a bit annoying that it kept comming back.

But today when I synced I got a new "Browse by category: ..." tile instead, so I guess these are not FTE tiles, but are sent by the server.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #221
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Starting with firmware 3.1.0/3.1.1 every time I synced a "Get started: Add a book ..." tile would appear on my homescreen. I assumed it was one of those first-time-experience tiles that are supposed to go away once you have used them once, and it was a bit annoying that it kept comming back.

But today when I synced I got a new "Browse by category: ..." tile instead, so I guess these are not FTE tiles, but are sent by the server.
I've had the same thing recently too.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #222
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post

there are a lot people that wanted that type of search. I wonder if the Kobo Gods were listening?

regards

JAck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #223
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Unfortunately, the "Browse by category" tile is for the shop. I am sure Kobo said it was an FTE tile, but it has reappeared a few times for me as well.