Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 03:19 AM   #1
KatNook
KatNook began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Book covers not showing in Nook Color library

It just shows a gray square with part of the title in white and the author in a lighter grey. Everything else seems to have transferred over just fine, except for the covers. Could someone help me with this? It has made my library very hard to navigate without having the intended covers on the books.
KatNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do an epub to epub conversion in calibre before sending your files to the Nook.

For files already on the nook delete them from the nook, do an epub to epub conversion in calibre and resend them.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #3
thekidsmom
Connoisseur
thekidsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 3, nook, Nexus 7, iPad
Had the same problem on my google nexus tonight when I sent over a couple of new books. Thank you for posting the answer!
thekidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:38 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidsmom View Post
Had the same problem on my google nexus tonight when I sent over a couple of new books. Thank you for posting the answer!
You can also embed the covers using the Modify ePub plugin or the Polish books feature. I just use Calibre Companion and never have to worry about it since CC always uses the covers and data you see in calibre.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-02-2013 at 01:41 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
covers, covers not displaying, nook color