Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
Beware the pixels of death

Just another nice read at an airport gate, and I noticed two black pixels about an inch from the right edge of my reader. This was a minor peeve, but no big deal. I locked my PP and secured it in my Stylz case. When I uncovered my PP, the screen was completely unresponsive and had an evil fixed grid that would not change. Some communication with Astak led to the fact that I'm hosed. It's looking like about $100 US to fix a broken screen. Let this be a warning to others. If you see some dead pixels, your PP may be on it's last legs.
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:32 AM   #2
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Sorry to hear that. How long had you had yours before it died?
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Sorry to hear that. How long had you had yours before it died?
More importantly, how did the screen break? If you didn't literally break the screen, why isn't it covered under an Astak warranty?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Have you sent us a picture yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqncigars View Post
Just another nice read at an airport gate, and I noticed two black pixels about an inch from the right edge of my reader. This was a minor peeve, but no big deal. I locked my PP and secured it in my Stylz case. When I uncovered my PP, the screen was completely unresponsive and had an evil fixed grid that would not change. Some communication with Astak led to the fact that I'm hosed. It's looking like about $100 US to fix a broken screen. Let this be a warning to others. If you see some dead pixels, your PP may be on it's last legs.
Dear bbqncigars:

Have you sent us a clear picture yet? I try to stay out of Tech Support decisions... but the picture normally tells us what we should do. A clear picture showing absolutely NO damage to the device would help. I do not want to do anything to interfere with tech support decisions... but if you have not yet sent a picture it may be worthwhile.

I am sorry.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
I don't know how the screen broke inside the Stylz case. The break was right on the vertical line connecting the two dead pixels. I don't have a warm fuzzy about this, given the recent rash of cracked screen postings. Maybe replacing the plastic case with a metal one would help? I've enjoyed this less than a year, now it's back to my original Palm IIIx for ebooks. Grrrrr.

Last edited by bbqncigars; 05-11-2010 at 09:54 PM.
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert