Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-14-2023, 07:48 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
I have indeed perceived a long delay upon loading the zip file, like... "Hmm, nothing yet. Did it install correctly? Shouldn't it have already prompted for the plugin button placement on the toolbars?" Then, IIRC, I switched to another task while waiting for something to happen, and when I switched back to Calibre, it did show that prompt.

This, on 7.1 stable (not running from source)
No delay here, a second after selecting the downloaded zip (it's on my desktop), I got this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-15 114259.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	205204

On clicking OK I got this:

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-15 114348.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	205205

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-14-2023 at 07:50 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 10:12 PM   #17
azuravian
Enthusiast
azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
No delay here, a second after selecting the downloaded zip (it's on my desktop), I got this:

Attachment 205204

On clicking OK I got this:

Attachment 205205

BR
This is what I get as well. I'd be interested to see error you are getting upon restart when run in debug mode.

Also, can you answer the following questions:
1. Is your install on Windows?
2. Is it a standard or portable install?
3. If portable, does the path of your configuration folder have any spaces?

Last edited by azuravian; 12-14-2023 at 10:17 PM.
azuravian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2023, 10:14 PM   #18
azuravian
Enthusiast
azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I think the problem is that there are no library to install inside the zip (or I don't see it), and for sure there is no library with that name at the configuration folder.
The libraries are not inside the zip. They are downloaded and installed into the configuration folder using pip. The error you are getting is that the pip command is exiting with an error 9009, which seems to be a path error. I'm going to set up a portable install of Calibre to perform some debugging with a similar setup.
Old 12-14-2023, 11:07 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuravian View Post
This is what I get as well. I'd be interested to see error you are getting upon restart when run in debug mode.

Also, can you answer the following questions:
1. Is your install on Windows?
2. Is it a standard or portable install?
3. If portable, does the path of your configuration folder have any spaces?
Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, Build 19045.3803,

Same behaviour in Installed and Portable. Installed configuration folder is at C:\_AppData\Calibre\Config_64bit no spaces. Portable configuration folder is at D:\Calibre\Portables\Version_7_current\Calibre Settings the space in Calibre Settings is 'fixed' by the calibre portable install.

Just have a look at another GUI plugin, and copy the relevant code - Scroll Book Details is a simple one:

Code:
__init__.py  1,566 bytes
ui.py        3,632 bytes
BR
Old 12-14-2023, 11:24 PM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I suspect the pip download isn't happening for me. Given I only intervened to assist in getting install issues resolved I'm not very interested in finding out why. Terisa de Morgan is better placed to help with that.

The only other PI I can think of that drags in external libraries is Doitsu's EPUBCheck Editor plugin.

BR
Advert
Old 12-14-2023, 11:29 PM   #21
azuravian
Enthusiast

Quote:
That's my problem too, and it means that it isn't proper installed. I guess if you start calibre in debug mode you'll see a message like mine.
Terisa,

I've updated the plugin in the original post. It now extracts the required dependencies directly from the zip file to your configuration folder.

I tested this on my end and it worked successfully and should reduce other problems that could arise from relying on pip anyway.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.
Old 12-15-2023, 01:56 AM   #22
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Terisa,

I've updated the plugin in the original post. It now extracts the required dependencies directly from the zip file to your configuration folder.

I tested this on my end and it worked successfully and should reduce other problems that could arise from relying on pip anyway.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.
Yes, it works now, thank you very much!

I've got a question... should pip works if you don't have python3 installed in your system? I've got python2 only accesible from cygwin (not interested in updating), but not python3.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 04:04 AM   #23
azuravian
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes, it works now, thank you very much!

I've got a question... should pip works if you don't have python3 installed in your system? I've got python2 only accesible from cygwin (not interested in updating), but not python3.
It should work either way, because it is using the python that is included in Calibre (currently 3.11), not the one installed in your system. It's actually much easier to apply dependencies the new way that I'm using, so I'm glad this led me down the path to discovering it.
Old 12-16-2023, 06:10 AM   #24
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you very much for the plugin, it's works ok for me but... what's the meaning of this when it's not able to download information about an author (book is in goodreads):
Spoiler:
calibre, version 7.2.0
Updated files: Processed 0 author(s)

Added a total of 0 author bios to notes.

A total of 1 author(s) were skipped based on html content.

Old 12-16-2023, 06:14 AM   #25
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I have a request, if possible (or perhaps it's doing it now). Would it be possible to select if you want to download info for all the authros in the selected books or only those with information? I have "a bit" of books and it would be faster if it wouldn't redownload (I cannot do the search all in one shot).
Old 12-16-2023, 09:21 AM   #26
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Thanks for sharing !! working!!
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 12:27 AM   #27
azuravian
Enthusiast

Quote:
I have a request, if possible (or perhaps it's doing it now). Would it be possible to select if you want to download info for all the authros in the selected books or only those with information? I have "a bit" of books and it would be faster if it wouldn't redownload (I cannot do the search all in one shot).
Yes, this is something I'm going to be working on. I'm looking at adding a hidden flag into the html so that it can tell if the author already has a bio from GR added. I would then have an option (off by default) to overwrite if you want to update them.

I'm also working on matching the author to the book in a more appropriate way. Right now, it's probably 99% accurate, but it will definitely be wrong sometimes.
Old 12-17-2023, 02:34 AM   #28
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes, this is something I'm going to be working on. I'm looking at adding a hidden flag into the html so that it can tell if the author already has a bio from GR added. I would then have an option (off by default) to overwrite if you want to update them.

I'm also working on matching the author to the book in a more appropriate way. Right now, it's probably 99% accurate, but it will definitely be wrong sometimes.
Thank you very much. I'm finding it quite useful and, aside of some authors failing by html problem (I don't know why), it's working quite well. In the meantime I'm the flag (I check before downloading )
Old 12-17-2023, 03:38 AM   #29
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

About the html problem: Forget about it, it means that there is no data associated to that author in goodreads.
Old 12-17-2023, 02:17 PM   #30
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
You could see how the goodreads (metadata) or goodreadssync plugin marks the book with its link.
Maybe that will help you
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.png
Views:	80
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	205303  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author, calibre 7, goodreads, notes, plugin