Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2023, 09:46 PM   #16
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouzal View Post
Thanks for your support, I tried your method and managed to authorize the T2 with Sony Reader, but this causes ADE to loose its authorization (means I can no longer download .acsm with ADE, as I get error "check activation" whenever I double click a .acsm to download it)
I'm not certain, but I think Adobe only allows five ADE authorizations per account. I wonder if you're running into that issue? That's all I can come up with, because I've never lost authorization on a device (or ADE itself?) once it had been authorized. I think I've read that you can request more authorizations from Adobe or have them reset your authorizations for your account, in case you had eReaders or other ADE accounts on other computers that you no longer use.

There are others here who know a lot more about ADE than I do. Hopefully someone with more information will chime in.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 04:25 AM   #17
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
It’s weird I half expected this thread to be a bump from 2014 or something.
Wish Sony would still make readers and also make better reading experiences. The devices themselves always looked and felt really good…
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2023, 04:31 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouzal View Post
Thanks for your support, I tried your method and managed to authorize the T2 with Sony Reader, but this causes ADE to loose its authorization (means I can no longer download .acsm with ADE, as I get error "check activation" whenever I double click a .acsm to download it)

I can "deauthorize/ then authorize" ADE and therefore get again the ability to download .acsm, but when I copy the downloaded ebook to the T2 eReader Download folder, the ereader can't read it and gives error:" Protected by DRM" (so it seems that T2 considers Sony reader authorisation to be different than ADE authorization, hence the DRM error even if it's authorized)

I managed to read one ebook from the T2 by doing the following:
authorize ADE >>download .acsm via ADE >>authorize T2 via Sony Reader (ADE now looses authorization) >>copy ebook to T2 and read it from there.
But this method is not practical at all as I'd need to always authorize/deauthorize ADE and Reader every time I want to upload a book and I'd loose access to all the books previously uploaded
When you reauthorized ADE, did you use the same username and password as you used to authorize the T2? Also, once the T2 is authorized, do not run the Sony Reader software again. You can uninstall it.

Also, copy the authorization file from the T2 so if you need to you can put it back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 04:30 PM   #19
kapqa
Enthusiast
kapqa began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t2, prs-900, kobo sage
Best method i used on Windows Is to authorize prs-t2 on Sony Reader for PC software with same ID as authorize ADE software.

Now, ADE would no longer "see" PRS-t2. But that Is no longer problema with Little trick.

Suppose to buy a protected ebook that comes in .acsm format.
Open .acsm with ADE and ebook getsdownloaded and Is now in tour title list.
Right click the title > select "open location" > there you Will now find ePub instead of acsm > Rrightclick ePub and select "open with" Sony Reader for PC.
In Sony Reader for PC Just drag and drop. Imported ePub onto PRS-t2.
You nave succesfully imported a protected ebook onto Sony Reader, congratulazioni.
kapqa is offline   Reply With Quote