Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2023, 05:36 AM   #16
kapqa
Enthusiast
kapqa began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t2, prs-900, kobo sage
it is more difficult to transfer .acsm to Sony Reader in 2023;
just tried with PRS-T2, mine would no longer be recognized in Windows Version of ADE 4.5.

So what i did was to open the protected ebook in ADE with an Adobe ID, register my Sony Ebook Reader with the same ID on the Sony Reader for PC Software ;
right click on the ADE downloaded book, and from there choose "Show File in Explorer"
now from there you can see a EPUB file, which again with right-click you can "open with: Sony Reader for PC" and it would get correctly imported, provided you use the same Emailadress for both registration of ADE Authorization and Sony Reader for PC.

Now you can manually drag and drop in Sony Reader for PC the imported Epub to the Sony Reader.

It is a bit cumbersome, but in Windows it would still function, but not on my macs, for some unknown reason.
Even though i have a Kobo that gets recognized in ADE and would allow me to directly transfer the bought ebook from there onto the Kobo Reader, i still prefer the more sober Sony Reader as it is easier on the eyes and has nearly no EMF radiation;

so glad that it still could function in 2023, bravo Sony!
kapqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 06:36 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapqa View Post
it is more difficult to transfer .acsm to Sony Reader in 2023;
just tried with PRS-T2, mine would no longer be recognized in Windows Version of ADE 4.5.

So what i did was to open the protected ebook in ADE with an Adobe ID, register my Sony Ebook Reader with the same ID on the Sony Reader for PC Software ;
right click on the ADE downloaded book, and from there choose "Show File in Explorer"
now from there you can see a EPUB file, which again with right-click you can "open with: Sony Reader for PC" and it would get correctly imported, provided you use the same Emailadress for both registration of ADE Authorization and Sony Reader for PC.

Now you can manually drag and drop in Sony Reader for PC the imported Epub to the Sony Reader.

It is a bit cumbersome, but in Windows it would still function, but not on my macs, for some unknown reason.
Even though i have a Kobo that gets recognized in ADE and would allow me to directly transfer the bought ebook from there onto the Kobo Reader, i still prefer the more sober Sony Reader as it is easier on the eyes and has nearly no EMF radiation;

so glad that it still could function in 2023, bravo Sony!
If you have a Kobo Libra 2, that Sony would be in a drawer faster then you can blink.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2023, 01:52 AM   #18
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you have a Kobo Libra 2, that Sony would be in a drawer faster then you can blink.
You know you're a Libra 2 crank, right? I still like 6" readers. There's no way to make a Libra 2 a 6" reader.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 04:24 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
You know you're a Libra 2 crank, right? I still like 6" readers. There's no way to make a Libra 2 a 6" reader.
There's no way to make a Sony Reader PRS-T2 a 7" Reader.

If you really like 6", get a Clara 2E. But again, the Sony would be in that drawer in a flash.

Sony came out with the T1 and then the nothing special at all T2 and finally the T3 which was not sold in the US.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:00 PM   #20
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
There's no way to make a Sony Reader PRS-T2 a 7" Reader.
But, if you want a 6" reader a Libra 2 won't foot the bill. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Quote:
If you really like 6", get a Clara 2E. But again, the Sony would be in that drawer in a flash.
No page turn buttons. No built-in ADE. Some of us like these features on our 6" readers. (Not running down the Clara, just saying that it doesn't directly compare to a PocketBook.)

Quote:
Sony came out with the T1 and then the nothing special at all T2 and finally the T3 which was not sold in the US.
Yep. I currently have all three. Nothing quite like Sony T-3. The smallest 6" reader I've ever seen. I like the way Sony devices render fonts. If they had front lighting they might be my first choice.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2023, 06:39 AM   #21
kapqa
Enthusiast
kapqa began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t2, prs-900, kobo sage
started on my ereader journey (in europe) only late, so got all sony ereader secondhand, but they were all to my liking, maybe the prs't3 had a bit low contrast, but it could have an overused model (remember also that i did swap the panel, maybe that the reason)

so i used prs'650, prs900, prs950, t1,t2,t3, for longer and shorter periods, and all got my liking,
same goes for kindly keyboard, which i find very pleasing to read (also the bigger ones, graphite dx),

besides i owned some kindle models of newer type, which i mainly disliked, and pocketbook, which i found good, but flaky in software.
the kobo have good app + software, but the ebook reader itslef could be improved.

maybe next time ià go again for pocketbook, since the sony reader are noway to be found officilayy in europe, and cost a good fortune.

the pocketbook lite is 9,7, so it is "halfway" to 13,3 inch;
also the dasung are appealing, the onyxboox too, but those have too much distractions for my liking, and smaller, basic models are also not easily available in europe.

Last edited by kapqa; 12-02-2023 at 06:42 AM.
kapqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 07:09 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
But, if you want a 6" reader a Libra 2 won't foot the bill. It's like comparing apples to oranges.
Maybe. But if you've never tried a larger screen, then that cannot be said for sure.

Quote:
No page turn buttons. No built-in ADE. Some of us like these features on our 6" readers. (Not running down the Clara, just saying that it doesn't directly compare to a PocketBook.)
The T1 has page turn buttons in a terrible place so they are basically useless. Also, there is RMSDK, but not ADE. But, the Clara 2E has the ability to adjust the weight of fonts and it has much better eBook management via calibre.

Quote:
Yep. I currently have all three. Nothing quite like Sony T-3. The smallest 6" reader I've ever seen. I like the way Sony devices render fonts. If they had front lighting they might be my first choice.
The nook STR rendered fonts very poorly. The same font on the nook looked like a different font to the 650 & T1. I find my Libra 2 and Aura H2O render fonts very well.
Old 12-02-2023, 07:11 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapqa View Post
started on my ereader journey (in europe) only late, so got all sony ereader secondhand, but they were all to my liking, maybe the prs't3 had a bit low contrast, but it could have an overused model (remember also that i did swap the panel, maybe that the reason)

so i used prs'650, prs900, prs950, t1,t2,t3, for longer and shorter periods, and all got my liking,
same goes for kindly keyboard, which i find very pleasing to read (also the bigger ones, graphite dx),

besides i owned some kindle models of newer type, which i mainly disliked, and pocketbook, which i found good, but flaky in software.
the kobo have good app + software, but the ebook reader itslef could be improved.

maybe next time ià go again for pocketbook, since the sony reader are noway to be found officilayy in europe, and cost a good fortune.

the pocketbook lite is 9,7, so it is "halfway" to 13,3 inch;
also the dasung are appealing, the onyxboox too, but those have too much distractions for my liking, and smaller, basic models are also not easily available in europe.
Sony dropped the Readers not long after the T3.

As for size, the Libra 2 is a good size at 7". It a really good screen and it is not too big to be portable.