Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 12-10-2021, 11:10 AM   #1
shizhihai
shizhihai began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Building calibre for Windows

I modified some of the Calibre code and wanted to build it for Windows.
I read the build instructions on Github and realized that I couldn't meet his requirements. After I checked the forum posts, SOMEONE mentioned that you could compile Python files into PyC and replace the contents of Pylib.zip,But I found that this file is not in the latest version.But after I translated git history, I found that after 5.1, the build was changed to directly add pyC files in binary to python-lib.bypy.frozen.

I wonder if there is a way to generate the python-lib.bypy.frozen file without recompiling all the dependencies (only the modified Python files).
Or how to replace pyc files stored in python-lib.bypy.frozen with your own compiled pyC files.
shizhihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 12:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont need to do any of that, just set a single environment variable. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2021, 11:02 PM   #3
shizhihai
shizhihai began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Replay

Thank you for your reply.
I have read the document and set the environment variables on my computer. The modified code runs well on the computer.
However, I want to build my own installer by modifying the python-lib.bypy.frozen method so that I can install and use it on other computers without having to re-download the source code setting variables.
I was also aware of Calibre-Web services, but it didn't do a good job (we had a multi-layer nested Intranet)
shizhihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 01:12 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there is no way to do that If you want to build calibre installers yourself, you have to do the entire build.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote