Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-07-2015, 11:22 PM   #1
GJH
Voracious Reader
GJH began at the beginning.

Device: iPad w/ iBooks & Kindle apps
No covers for some books in Kindle reading App for iPad

I have some issues with no covers on some of my non-Amazon books in my Kindle app on my iPad.

I'm am told that the cover art is to big, but I have tried to resize them ( ~600 x 800 ) to no effect on many.

I have heard that converting mobi to mobi or mobi to azw will fix this, but not having much success with this either. In fact I'm not even sure I am doing it correctly because I can't even find the azw file after Calibre has supposedly finished with it, and as far as mobi to mobi is concerned I can't tell that it's making any difference.

Did I mention that I'm fairly new to Calibre?

I have maxed out my 'Send to Kindle' allotment , so I have to e-mail the book to my iPad and then open the e-mail and "Copy to Kindle".

Does anyone have any ideas?
GJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:01 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJH View Post
I have some issues with no covers on some of my non-Amazon books in my Kindle app on my iPad.
Try the following:
  1. Download Sigil & Kindle Previewer.
  2. Open your ePub with Sigil.
  3. Click the Images folder, right-click the cover image, select Add Semantics > Cover Image and save the ePub.
  4. Open Kindle Previewer, select Kindle for iPad as the device mode and drag & drop your epub there.
  5. Open iTunes and connect your iPad via USB. In iTunes, select your iPad, click Apps and scroll down to File Sharing.
  6. Click Kindle and drag & drop the AZK or MOBI file that Kindle Previewer has generated to Kindle Documents and sync your iPad.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert